thenextchemist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Anyone have any tips and tricks for the assessment day?
Royal Society of Chemistry Teacher Training Scholarship Assessment Day
thenextchemist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
bump
Who1999
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Have you completed the assessment? How was it ? Also did you apply through UCAS for the placement ?
Barday
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Who1999)
Have you completed the assessment? How was it ? Also did you apply through UCAS for the placement ?
Did u apply for the scholarship? Did they reply to you?
Who1999
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Barday)
Did u apply for the scholarship? Did they reply to you?
Yes they did
Barday
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yes they did
Oh. That's great! When is ur assessment day? I just applied last week. Pretty late I guess...still waiting for them to reply
Who1999
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This week hopefully. Have you sent your application to ucas already ?
Barday
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
This week hopefully. Have you sent your application to ucas already ?
Hey all the very best for your assessment.
And yes I already have a PGCE offer but its still conditional.
Just one last question please. After how many weeks did they get back to you after your application submission?
And I hope you won't mind if I ask you about your assessment day later on.
Who1999
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey all the very best for your assessment.
And yes I already have a PGCE offer but its still conditional.
Just one last question please. After how many weeks did they get back to you after your application submission?
And I hope you won't mind if I ask you about your assessment day later on.
I can’t remember but it wasn’t too late. I will let you know how it goes but I’ve heard that it’s not too hard. Also if you don’t mind me asking where did you apply for, so what were your options ? Also what pgce are you planning to do?
Barday
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I can’t remember but it wasn’t too late. I will let you know how it goes but I’ve heard that it’s not too hard. Also if you don’t mind me asking where did you apply for, so what were your options ? Also what pgce are you planning to do?
I stay in Birmingham so applied for pgce in Birmingham itself. I had a choice between PGDE program from Birmingham university and one local PGCE (SCITT) program. I decided to go with the second one as I left that was more relevant to me and could let me spend more time in school rather than in uni doing some boring assignments.
Barday
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hey! How was your assessment day? Hope it went on well...
Who1999
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, yeah it was good. It was mainly GCSE questions. I’m sure you’ll do great no need to worry about it.
Barday
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, yeah it was good. It was mainly GCSE questions. I’m sure you’ll do great no need to worry about it.
Oh that's great! Hope you get the scholarship. Take care
Who1999
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Oh that's great! Hope you get the scholarship. Take care
Hey, I have interviews coming up for my PGCE providers and was wondering if you can tell me what type of questions they asked ?
Barday
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey, I have interviews coming up for my PGCE providers and was wondering if you can tell me what type of questions they asked ?
They could ask you questions related to the "teacher's standard". Like what do you think your responsibilities are as a teacher etc.
Next, question related to classroom management like how would u deal with a disruptive behaviour in class or may be how would you revise topics with students.
General questions like what quality should a teacher have and why you want to be a teacher. And some of them ask basic science related questions at gcse level. I was asked what is mitosis? I couldn't answer it very well but they were simply happy when I said it's a form of cell division.
Who1999
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
They could ask you questions related to the "teacher's standard". Like what do you think your responsibilities are as a teacher etc.
Next, question related to classroom management like how would u deal with a disruptive behaviour in class or may be how would you revise topics with students.
General questions like what quality should a teacher have and why you want to be a teacher. And some of them ask basic science related questions at gcse level. I was asked what is mitosis? I couldn't answer it very well but they were simply happy when I said it's a form of cell division.
Thank you so much
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (196)
43.85%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (50)
11.19%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (35)
7.83%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (94)
21.03%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (47)
10.51%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.59%

Watched Threads