Want more information about this university?
UAVs
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, I'm wondering if any current students at Kent have experience with the bursary options available. Currently I've only been able to find info on the 'Kent Financial Support Package', my household income is way below £20,000, however unfortunately because my postcode has 'had higher levels of participation in higher education' it appears that I'm not eligible for any sort of bursaries at all.

The other universities that I have been given offers from all have bursaries for low income households exceeding £4000??

I never thought I'd have to base my university choices on whether or not I'll be given a bursary and I really want to study at Kent, but the accommodation is so expensive and without any sort of bursary I'm going to find it hard.

I don't know whether I'm being foolish here but surely basing a bursary on how many people have graduated from University seems a bit stupid?

Anyone know if theres any sort of bursary from Kent other than the Financial Support Package or whether thats it?
qam
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
you should check out the available bursaries and scholarships you may be available for on their website
KentUni
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by UAVs)
Hi, I'm wondering if any current students at Kent have experience with the bursary options available. Currently I've only been able to find info on the 'Kent Financial Support Package', my household income is way below £20,000, however unfortunately because my postcode has 'had higher levels of participation in higher education' it appears that I'm not eligible for any sort of bursaries at all.

The other universities that I have been given offers from all have bursaries for low income households exceeding £4000??

I never thought I'd have to base my university choices on whether or not I'll be given a bursary and I really want to study at Kent, but the accommodation is so expensive and without any sort of bursary I'm going to find it hard.

I don't know whether I'm being foolish here but surely basing a bursary on how many people have graduated from University seems a bit stupid?

Anyone know if theres any sort of bursary from Kent other than the Financial Support Package or whether thats it?
Hi,

I would recommend that you take a look on our scholarships finder as we have a range of scholarships which offer students money towards their tuition fees that could really help you out. Here is a link to our scholarships page: https://www.kent.ac.uk/scholarships/...undergraduate/

It is great that you want to come to Kent, and I would recommend that if you also email [email protected] to see if they are aware of any other way we could help you financially to come to Kent. I hope this helps and do let me know if you have any more questions
UAVs
Rep:
?
(Original post by KentUni)
Hi,

I would recommend that you take a look on our scholarships finder as we have a range of scholarships which offer students money towards their tuition fees that could really help you out. Here is a link to our scholarships page: https://www.kent.ac.uk/scholarships/...undergraduate/

It is great that you want to come to Kent, and I would recommend that if you also email [email protected] to see if they are aware of any other way we could help you financially to come to Kent. I hope this helps and do let me know if you have any more questions
Thanks, sent an email over.
KentUni
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by UAVs)
Thanks, sent an email over.
Thats great, i'm sure they will come back to you soon and hope they are able to find a solution for you
UAVs
Rep:
?
(Original post by KentUni)
Thats great, i'm sure they will come back to you soon and hope they are able to find a solution for you
1 week later and Kent have not replied or acknowledged my email...
KentUni
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by UAVs)
1 week later and Kent have not replied or acknowledged my email...
I'm so sorry to hear that. I will chase this up for you. Amy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.11%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (68)
27.98%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (92)
37.86%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.35%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (9)
3.7%

Watched Threads