Civil Service Job Interview - Any Tips?

Watch this thread
Anonymous2k
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
As stated above, the role that I have been offered an interview for is an AO position in the Health and Safety Executive. Any tips or advice will be greatly appreciated.
Briandeanh
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous2k)
As stated above, the role that I have been offered an interview for is an AO position in the Health and Safety Executive. Any tips or advice will be greatly appreciated.
https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ency-framework

This is what you will be assessed against in the civil service. Have some answers ready. It'll be standard competency questions like "describe a time when you...."

Tell them what you had to do\why you had to do it, what you did and what the outcome was.

It's fairly straightforward so just have an example for each of the competencies

And good luck
kirstykearney
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Hi can anyone give me some ideas of interview questions for a case administrator for ministry of justice? Thanks in advance.......
Redwan786
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Hi kirsty, the questions they're likely to ask are:

"Tell me about yourself."
"What attracted you to this role?"
"Give me an example where you made effective decisions."
"Give me an example where you dealt with a challenging situation. What did you do and how did you overcome it?"
"Give me an example where you worked effectively in a team. What role did you play? How did you work effectively in a team?"
"Give me an example where you provided excellent customer service. What did you do and how did you provide an excellent service?"

I hope this helps. I myself work as a Case Administrator for Ministry of Justice
(Original post by kirstykearney)
Hi can anyone give me some ideas of interview questions for a case administrator for ministry of justice? Thanks in advance.......
Marcus133
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
Having worked in the civil service for nearly 10 years for multiple government departments and conducted some HR recruitment campaigns at EO, HEO, SEO, and G7 level for the civil service it really does come down to your behavior answers which are each scored from 1-7 (you generally need a minimum of a 4 mark to pass application and interview across all government departments and grades up to G6), There are also great resources out there to get you up to speed and help for your civil service applications and interview such as https://www.interviewskillsclinic.co.uk/ or www.civilservicesuccess.co.uk which even has sample winning behavior answers to all civil service behaviors. Good Luck in your applications!
Last edited by Marcus133; 2 months ago
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
This is a list of questions
Describe why teamwork is important
Give a example of when you had to use your brain to problem solve
State a time when you needed to be original at work
Outline a time when you were asked to communicate orally
Tell me about a situation that called for good reading skills
Convince me in five words why you would be a good candidate
Write me a email about times that you used to work alone
Produce a short report or article on your key skills and qualities
Tell me a bit more about yourself
Outline the importance of self reflection
Name a favourite board game or comfort object in fifty words only
Describe your favourite sport imaginatively
Sell me a cheap pen or whichever item of your personal choice using only positive words
Explain your reaction time in a crisis scenario
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (70)
19.94%
The paper was reasonable (128)
36.47%
Not feeling great about that exam... (104)
29.63%
It was TERRIBLE (49)
13.96%

Watched Threads