I want it to stop. I don't know what to say. Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
So I'm at boarding school. One of the boys in my year and also in my boarding house is frequently irritating me in a sort of confrontational way. I'm not the biggest if guys - i'm pretty skinny and others in my year gym n stuff. Well this guy is not tall but kinda built i guess. He'll come up to me straight after a meal walking to the dorms and just gesture or say to me get in - meaning I need to get under his arm into a headlock and let him basically drag me to the dorm or whatever in front of everyone (including younger years). If i say no then he'll get confrontational, passive aggressive - 'what did you just say' sort of thing. He could then storm into my dorm whilst I'm working acting aggressive. He has previously punched me in my dorm, but in a jokey sort of way, at least he'll say its a joke. Sometimes he is a nice gut.
Anyway, this passive aggressive thing along with other petty things have accumulated and I'm quite angry i guess about the fact I can't stop it. It just humiliates and belittles me. I want it to stop, but don't know what to say. I say to myself next time it happens or anything like this happens I'll confront him and tell him to stop. But he just did it again and I couldn't say anything. Preferably I don't want to involve my housemaster.
Any suggestions as to what to do would be hugely appreciated. I'm 16 btw.
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Watch the movie Old Flames... if you can still get it. Public schoolboy gets bullied and spends next 20 yrs unemployed in bedsit plotting revenge.
BenjiInTheBox
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
u can either move boarding schools, tell ur housemaster to make it stop, or u can tell him to stop and see what he does after that
Effaiii
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Have a discussion with him about how you feel regarding his behaviour. If this doesn’t work then you inform your parents.
SoulfulTwist
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Idk how boys do this. Do you like talk to each other in private? If so, tell him you don't like it?
Get some other boys on your side?
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by SoulfulTwist)
Idk how boys do this. Do you like talk to each other in private? If so, tell him you don't like it?
Nice try but boys have to find a way to do it alone, sorry. Trick is finding your particular way of dealing with it. To run off for help brands you as cissy.
SoulfulTwist
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by Vinny C)
Nice try but boys have to find a way to do it alone, sorry. Trick is finding your particular way of dealing with it. To run off for help brands you as cissy.
Same with girls tbh. The bully kind.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I know... male egos and such... but that's the way it is.
HHiggins56
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Remember that he must have something wrong with him to act like that. Id speak to him as he might respect you for it but do it in a semi private place where you can get people if needed, but are confident enough to say your mind. It depends what the school is like but there is a chance that nothing will come out of telling a housemaster. I was bullied and told my mum and she told the school, long story short the school didn’t believe me and others turned against me. But if it gets worse then go to the school. You need to stand up for yourself as this isn’t your problem, it’s his so you shouldn’t be awkward or ashamed. Good luck, the guy sounds like a possessive **** 👍
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Never realised... thanks.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by HHiggins56)
Remember that he must have something wrong with him to act like that. Id speak to him as he might respect you for it but do it in a semi private place where you can get people if needed, but are confident enough to say your mind. It depends what the school is like but there is a chance that nothing will come out of telling a housemaster. I was bullied and told my mum and she told the school, long story short the school didn’t believe me and others turned against me. But if it gets worse then go to the school. You need to stand up for yourself as this isn’t your problem, it’s his so you shouldn’t be awkward or ashamed. Good luck, the guy sounds like a possessive **** 👍
Of course he is wrong but get rid of him and another wrong 'un waits at the next corner of life. You must find your way to deal with it, doesn't have to be violent.
Last edited by Vinny C; 8 months ago
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Boys gripe to buddies in private but you are expected to deal with it alone... same with girls?
SoulfulTwist
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Boys gripe to buddies in private but you are expected to deal with it alone... same with girls?
Gripe means ...?
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Gripe means ...?
Brit speak... sorry. Complain, discuss.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Gripe means ...?
Are you not British? Moan...
SoulfulTwist
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Brit speak... sorry. Complain, discuss.
Slang?

Are you not British? Moan...
Nah we just say chat. Born in Britain, am I British? Roots are Indian though ygm.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Slang?

Nah we just say chat. Born in Britain, am I British? Roots are Indian though ygm.
Cool... my dad was Hindu, my mum Christian. Gripe means to chat in complaint. Not slang but originally given to babies when teething.
SoulfulTwist
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Cool... my dad was Hindu, my mum Christian. Gripe means to chat in complaint. Not slang but originally given to babies when teething.
Oooh gripe water!! Yummy
Yeah but religion is different to ethnicity. What were you brought up as then?
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Oooh gripe water!! Yummy
Yeah but religion is different to ethnicity. What were you brought up as then?
Exactly... gripe water. We'll make a native of you yet. Brahma works in mysterious ways as does God.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (136)
17.82%
It's just nice to be back! (204)
26.74%
Not great so far... (274)
35.91%
I want to drop out! (149)
19.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed