sophdavies
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hiya everyone!
i’m currently in yr11 and i’m beginning to choose my a level subjects and i need to know if talking Philosophy, Geography and Psycology is a huge mistake!! or i’d be better doing Philosophy, Geography and English Lit. or tbf any mixture of those 4 subjects. i’m super interested in Physc but apparently it’s so much work. i’m getting a 9 for Philosophy atm so i’m pretty set on that. English Lit and Geography i kind of hate but they’re good facilitating subjects for uni.
any help would be serious appreciated!
S xo
学生の父
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I think you've hit the nail on the head by talking about facilitating subjects, S.

O.k., so Philosophy you've already lined up for 6th Form. You kind of hate EngLit and Geog, but you'd be able to get through 2 years studying them? It really depends where you see yourself come UCAS time (if you're aiming on university).

Psychology would be great if you're thinking of a doing Philosophy at uni (they actually contemplate one another quite well), but bear in mind that you won't actually need either of these subjects to study them at uni.

Geog and EngLit are different stories, though. On the whole, in order to study either of these subjects at RG universities you will need the A-level to get in. But if you don't want to, there's nothing intrinsically wrong with Phil, Geog, Psych.

It wouldn't be a "super mistake" as long as you're happy now with the doors which would potentially close to you (basically English Lit degrees).

Hope that helps.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?