The Student Room Group

Girl I like

I got a girl I really like we have Meet up 4 times and had such amazing times she’s just come out of a 9 month relationship and only bin single for 2 months how we was talking every day , flirting the lot and she took me out for birthday and things were great however her ex text her and I said somthing about it cuz he messes with her head ..... since then she’s gone distant with me but still talks but I asked her to meet this Sunday and she said yes yesterday she text saying she needs to slow things down as it’s overwhelming 😞 I’m so confused does you still like me or have I messaged this up
Original post by Markyboy1992
I got a girl I really like we have Meet up 4 times and had such amazing times she’s just come out of a 9 month relationship and only bin single for 2 months how we was talking every day , flirting the lot and she took me out for birthday and things were great however her ex text her and I said somthing about it cuz he messes with her head ..... since then she’s gone distant with me but still talks but I asked her to meet this Sunday and she said yes yesterday she text saying she needs to slow things down as it’s overwhelming 😞 I’m so confused does you still like me or have I messaged this up

Does sound like she is not over her ex at all
Reply 2

I agree with the comment above. It sounds like she was intimidated by your comment and stil has feelings for her ex.

I'd give her some time and space

I, of course, don't know her personally so do not know what she is thinking but going off of what you have said, it seems like she's got a bit of baggage from her past relationship that she hasn't gotten over yet. When her ex texted her and then starting distancing herself from you I'd presume its one of 2 reasons. One - She's realised she still likes her ex and may like him more than you so wants to take a step back from you. Or, Two - Texting her ex brought back emotions where maybe she moved to fast in her other relationship so wants to slow down here or is not secure in enough with herself to know if she wants a relation yet or not. If emotions and feelings were left unresolved in the past relationship 2 months may not have been enough to get over this since it isn't too long.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending