Is this a good way to make notes?

Watch
cbains02
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
So i do a levels: maths economics and psychology. When i make notes for economics and psychology i do all my notes on flashcards, writing the information on both sides, not in the way where you write a question on one side and the answer on the other. So i would write the information on one side and continue on the other side then next flashcard and so on. Is this effective?? I’ve got a really bit stack of notes for economics so im not sure if i should continue as it’ll keep getting bigger and bigger but what do you guys think?

AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Is it helping you learn?
What you are effectively doing is writing notes like in a notebook, just on smaller sheets. If it works then do it
username4466290
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I agree with AzureCeleste. The only way to know if your studying method is effective is by evaluating your performance. Some studying methods may be effective for you and not for others. In my case this is how I do it.

Refer to this google doc - Link

I based this on stuff from wikipedia. This is just a rough example of what I would do when writing notes. Because of my trash brain I rely on key words, letters, and numbers. It is hard for me to memorize a lot of information w/o resorting to this method.

See those letters and numbers at the side? I use those as helpers to jog my memory to make it easier for me to recall what I want to remember. Eventually I would just be relying on those so I wouldn't need to bring a bunch of notes and papers. So if I would be using flash cards then it would be filled with a bunch of letters and numbers that only I would understand.

For math though unless you're really good at it all you can do is practice solving problems.

Hope this helps.
cbains02
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I do believe it is helping me as my grades seem good but maybe it could work better with other methods??
username4466290
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by cbains02)
I do believe it is helping me as my grades seem good but maybe it could work better with other methods??
You can try explaining what you've learned to yourself or some other dude. If you can explain the topic well and can answer the questions hurled at you then you're good to go.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (71)
37.57%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (19)
10.05%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.35%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (47)
24.87%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
13.23%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
7.94%

Watched Threads