The Student Room Group

Msc in futurism or future studies, does such a subject exist?

Looking for a masters degree in futurism or future studies, it would mainly relate to social studies and / or marketing and design area, not sure if I am looking for the right key words here, but I want to do a masters that looks at designing and thinking for and about the future so I guess it could relate to politics as well. Which masters degree is best here to study in the U.K. preferably?
Original post by SomeT_
Looking for a masters degree in futurism or future studies, it would mainly relate to social studies and / or marketing and design area, not sure if I am looking for the right key words here, but I want to do a masters that looks at designing and thinking for and about the future so I guess it could relate to politics as well. Which masters degree is best here to study in the U.K. preferably?

Unless you study a generic degree (in product design for example) and pick modules and projects related to futurism, I don't think you have any options in the UK. From a quick Google search, I have found 2 master's degrees that focus on future studies/foresight: one in Finland and the other in Canada.
Don't think there is a futurism specific degree.

Perhaps something in HCI geared towards future methods:
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/graduate/taught-degrees/human-computer-interaction-msc

:dontknow:
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending