The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

University of Hertfordshire Accommodation 2019/20

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ki Yung Na
Does anybody know what the deposit fee for herts accommodation is? also what is the deadline for applying to university Accommodation?

Deposit fee is £150
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Hey
I've got an unconditional and applied for accommodation on 3rd July but still haven the ad anything. Anyone know how long it takes to hear back??
Original post by lucyyalt
Hey
I've got an unconditional and applied for accommodation on 3rd July but still haven the ad anything. Anyone know how long it takes to hear back??

I would think you should hear something this week or the next week. Alternatively you can drop the Residential Allocations team an email on [email protected] - I imagine they might be able to give a clearer answer as to how long it will take :smile:
There is no set deadline. However I would encourage you to apply as soon as you can, as this will increase your chances of being allocated your preferred accommodation.
Original post by Ki Yung Na
Does anybody know what the deposit fee for herts accommodation is? also what is the deadline for applying to university Accommodation?
Are wall stickers or posters allowed in the rooms?? Also, is there a tumble dryer in the laundry rooms or anywhere to dry the clothes?
Hi @Anonymous,

Thank you for your question. You may put up wall stickers and posters in your rooms however this will be at your own risk, as any damage to university property might be fined.

For tumble drying, all laundries are equipped with dryers. You can use these alongside the washing machines for a minimal charge. You could also invest in clothes drying rack and dry your clothes in your room if you wish.

Hope this helps, let me know if there is anything else I could help you with.

Best wishes,
Chirasree
Original post by University of Hertfordshire
Hi @Anonymous,

Thank you for your question. You may put up wall stickers and posters in your rooms however this will be at your own risk, as any damage to university property might be fined.

For tumble drying, all laundries are equipped with dryers. You can use these alongside the washing machines for a minimal charge. You could also invest in clothes drying rack and dry your clothes in your room if you wish.

Hope this helps, let me know if there is anything else I could help you with.

Best wishes,
Chirasree

What would be the charge to use the washing machine?
In the kitchen, how much storage do we get? Cupboard wise and how is the fridge/freezer situation?
when I went to an open day they said you each get two cupboards in the kitchen and then a row in the fridge and a row in the freezer. that was for a townhouse, I'm assuming it's the same for the other accommodation types too
Original post by Anonymous
when I went to an open day they said you each get two cupboards in the kitchen and then a row in the fridge and a row in the freezer. that was for a townhouse, I'm assuming it's the same for the other accommodation types too

and a draw
Hi @Anonymous,

Thank you for your question. Using the washing machine would cost around £3-£4 per wash and using the dryer would cost around £1-£2 per use.

Hope this helps :smile:

Best wishes,
Chirasree

Hi @Anonymous,

Thank you for your question. You're right, that is the capacity for all accommodation types :smile:

Best wishes,
Chirasree
Hi,

I've got a studio and was wondering if you can give me the exact measurements for the bed so that I can buy the correct sheets? On the accommodation website, it just says 4ft bed with underneath storage.

Kind Regards,
Eisha
Original post by University of Hertfordshire
Hi Everyone,

Congratulations on your offers! :party:

I thought I'd start this thread for you to ask any questions you have about our accommodation and find your fellow flatmates!

You might like to take a look at our accommodation walk-through video.

There's also a room tour from one of our Psychology students Chantelle.

You can browse the room options available here: https://www.residences.herts.ac.uk/default.aspx?wf=Preview

Thanks,
Heather
Hi Eisha!

I have lived in a Townhouse for a couple of years which also has a 4ft bed. Personally, I just use standard double bed sheets & duvet and that seems to have worked.

However, after a quick bit of research, it seems that a 4ft bed equates to a "Small Double" which measures 4' x 6'3". By comparison a "Standard Double" is a bit wider at 4'6" x 6'3. Knowing all that information I would recommend you get a fitted sheet suitable for a Small Double sized bed. A quick search of "4ft Bed Fitted Sheet" seems to bring up a large selection :smile:

Hope that helps you!
Original post by Ekhan175
Hi,

I've got a studio and was wondering if you can give me the exact measurements for the bed so that I can buy the correct sheets? On the accommodation website, it just says 4ft bed with underneath storage.

Kind Regards,
Eisha
Thank you very much!
Original post by Herts UG Student Rep
Hi Eisha!

I have lived in a Townhouse for a couple of years which also has a 4ft bed. Personally, I just use standard double bed sheets & duvet and that seems to have worked.

However, after a quick bit of research, it seems that a 4ft bed equates to a "Small Double" which measures 4' x 6'3". By comparison a "Standard Double" is a bit wider at 4'6" x 6'3. Knowing all that information I would recommend you get a fitted sheet suitable for a Small Double sized bed. A quick search of "4ft Bed Fitted Sheet" seems to bring up a large selection :smile:

Hope that helps you!
Hi,
How much storage space do we get in the Schofield kitchen? And on the website, it says about having a padlock on the cupboards, how many of the cupboards are lockable?(eg, if we all get 2 cupboards are they both lockable)
Hi
In the enhanced rooms in Newton Court, are the floors carpeted or not?
You will get two cupboards and a drawer. The first cupboard is at head height and is the only lockable one. You will need to provide your own padlock. From my experience, I would say a combination lock is best as opposed to a key & lock, but either will do the job just fine :smile:

The second cupboard is at knee height. It is not lockable. You will also have at least 1 fridge shelf and one freezer drawer for yourself too. If it’s not enough space for you, there is still plenty of space in the room (I keep my non essential kitchen bits in a box under my bed).

Hope that helps. Enjoy your time in Schofield Court!
Hi,
How much storage space do we get in the Schofield kitchen? And on the website, it says about having a padlock on the cupboards, how many of the cupboards are lockable?(eg, if we all get 2 cupboards are they both lockable)
Hello!

The bedrooms have a hardwearing carpet floor. The bathrooms have a vinyl/plastic flooring and the kitchens have vinyl floor.

Hope you enjoy your stay in Newton Court! :biggrin:
Hi
In the enhanced rooms in Newton Court, are the floors carpeted or not?
@Herts UG Student Rep I have a few questions.

1. Is the floor in the studio in Spalding Court carpeted or not?
2. Do we get provided with a vacuum cleaner?
3. Are the cupboards in the studio lockable?
4. The day we have to move into our accommodation, do we go to the main reception area and also where do we park? What is the procedure?

Kind Regards,
Eisha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending