The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

How is work marked?

Hi
I'm looking to start an undergraduate degree in the next intake in October. I have four kids and currently work from home. I'm hoping to have completed my Level 3 teaching assistant course by then though and be working full time in a school! I think I'll have to do the course part time as they say 32 hours a week study time required!

My question for anyone with experience of these degrees is... When you hand in your TMA's, do you get these back marked so you know your grade before the end of the course? Can you resubmit work if you're not happy with the grade given?

Sorry, complete OU newbie!
Original post by marxkate
Hi
I'm looking to start an undergraduate degree in the next intake in October. I have four kids and currently work from home. I'm hoping to have completed my Level 3 teaching assistant course by then though and be working full time in a school! I think I'll have to do the course part time as they say 32 hours a week study time required!

My question for anyone with experience of these degrees is... When you hand in your TMA's, do you get these back marked so you know your grade before the end of the course? Can you resubmit work if you're not happy with the grade given?

Sorry, complete OU newbie!

Hi they give you 10 working days afterwards in which they have time to mark and then they will return it. They can return it sooner or later if there's special circumstances. There's a procedure in place for complaints and changing your mark it's all explained very clearly after you've enrolled.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Reply 2
Ello!

Yes, like the person above said, you get your TMA results in 10 working days after the deadline date. You get a % and they also send you back your document with (usually) lots of notes attached to tell you what you did right, what you could improve on, what you could of added, etc.

You can only have exstentions or resubmison of your TMAs in special circumstances, ie: illness, family bereavement etc. I'm also pretty sure most modules allow resits if you failed to pass the module too :biggrin: You cannot resubmit because youre unhappy about the grade, but if you feel like it has been marked incorrectly, you can request it to be checked again/complain.

This is the OU's assessment handbook which exaplains stuff like this in more detail: https://help.open.ac.uk/documents/policies/assessment-handbook/files/103/assessment-handbook-2018.pdf

:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest