The Student Room Group

Civil service

Hey.

Want to take Politics and History at University as Joint Honours. Would like to know once I have (hopefully) completed this, would the best way in getting a career in the*Civil*Service*be by going on their Trainee Leadership scheme and once you complete that, get a position. Or are there other ways or anything I need to know? Cheers!
If you haven't even started your degree yet, I wouldn't worry too much about how you apply to the civil service just yet!
- You may completely change your mind about what you want to do by then, and being too focused on one thing may mean you miss other amazing opportunities
- The civil service application system changes regularly, and is going through some big changes right now, so any information we give you is likely to be irrelevant later.
Unless the position you're going for require a specific qualification to do the job (think statistician or government legal service), the subject of your degree aren't going to matter. Focus on your degree, get a breadth of experience, and worry about it later.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending