?
Report 1 year ago
Don’t worry! I haven’t heard back yet either 😊
vata2019
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Did you send your application in October or for January?
mr_carrot
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by vata2019)
Did you send your application in October or for January?
I sent my application at the start of December
学生の父
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So far, rlewa on 29 Jan is the only Liberal Arts offer I've seen for Durham.

Have the offer floodgates opened for someone else?
mr_carrot
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 学生の父)
So far, rlewa on 29 Jan is the only Liberal Arts offer I've seen for Durham.

Have the offer floodgates opened for someone else?
Still anxiously waiting here
meli-b
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Also still waiting!! 😬
stephaniekelly01
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
yep still waiting. Getting v frustrated now
mr_carrot
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anyone had any news yet? Hopefully we'll hear soon
meli-b
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by .harry.)
Anyone had any news yet? Hopefully we'll hear soon
Nope, no news... ☹️ Getting nervous now as I’m seeing a lot of college allocations going on, seems unfair of them not to wait until all the offers have been given out!
mr_carrot
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by meli-b)
Nope, no news... ☹️ Getting nervous now as I’m seeing a lot of college allocations going on, seems unfair of them not to wait until all the offers have been given out!
I know! It seems that no one has heard for Liberal Arts on TSR (apart from one person who I believe declined), so there will hopefully be places for Liberal Arts at our preferred college
学生の父
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by vata2019)
Why is Durham taking so long to answer? agh
(Original post by mr_carrot)
Don’t worry! I haven’t heard back yet either 😊
(Original post by stephaniekelly01)
yep still waiting. Getting v frustrated now
Everybody still waiting for news?
meli-b
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by 学生の父)
Everybody still waiting for news?
Still waiting here - also track is undergoing maintenance until Monday morning so no real way of checking! 😭
学生の父
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by meli-b)
Still waiting here - also track is undergoing maintenance until Monday morning so no real way of checking! 😭
Sorry, I didn't quote you because I thought I'd seen your offer elsewhere!

Track being down provides a brief interlude from constantly hitting F5, I suppose.
ali220
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm waiting as well! So painfully slow.....
学生の父
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A week later, I guess it's still a waiting game?

How long does it take to get through 450 applicants?!
ali220
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well track is down till Monday apparently. (mine still works so not sure....) But having applied in October one has to think how slow it is for them to go through relatively speaking not that many applicants.

Maybe it's because liberal arts requires checking from all courses or more than just one, and probably because not one department takes control of the subject, its put to the back of the list - just a guess. Still- they have to tell us by March 26, so not a long wait now!
(Original post by 学生の父)
A week later, I guess it's still a waiting game?

How long does it take to get through 450 applicants?!
学生の父
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just touching base to see how everyone's holding out? This siege can't go on for much longer, surely. Surely?

My child is getting more than a little fed up now, as they want to start thinking about their decisions. Were an offer to come, it would be nice if it could arrive in good time for the offer holder days, wouldn't it?

Come on, Durham ... this really isn't the best way to run an admissions process. Your last email was a week before Christmas.
Last edited by 学生の父; 1 year ago
ali220
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am in total agreement. Starting to be put off by Durham's approach towards this. I want to be able to firm a uni, get good housing and other things and I really can't until durham replies. They have only two weeks more before they have to give us a reply- but I hope they have room at all the colleges lib arts applicants applied for - I'm starting to think we might all be re-assigned to worse colleges because they have given all the places away...

Lets hope its this week that we find out!
(Original post by 学生の父)
Just touching base to see how everyone's holding out? This siege can't go on for much longer, surely. Surely?

My child is getting more than a little fed up now, as they want to start thinking about their decisions. Were an offer to come, it would be nice if it could arrive in good time for the offer holder days, wouldn't it?

Come on, Durham ... this really isn't the best way to run an admissions process. Your last email was a week before Christmas.
meli-b
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ali220)
I am in total agreement. Starting to be put off by Durham's approach towards this. I want to be able to firm a uni, get good housing and other things and I really can't until durham replies. They have only two weeks more before they have to give us a reply- but I hope they have room at all the colleges lib arts applicants applied for - I'm starting to think we might all be re-assigned to worse colleges because they have given all the places away...

Lets hope its this week that we find out!
I agree!! I’ve already seen that someone who got an offer for Liberal Arts was reallocated away from St Chads 😕
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (139)
29.83%
No (327)
70.17%

Watched Threads