The Student Room Group

Tormented by psychological pain, no motivation, no ambitions in life

For the last couple months, I've been struggling with psychological pain which also causes physical pain-my limbs feel like lead, I have no concentration, constant numbness which but sometimes some thing trigger an intense build up of pain and sadness in me, causing me to have constant breakdown out of nowhere , where I find myself screaming and crying for more than an hour and shaking. My thoughts torment me all the time and scare me sometimes to the point where I start crying. I keep finding myself just sitting there not doing anything for long periods of time. I suffered from bad dissociation for months to the point I can't recall anything that happened between april and November - I struggle less with dissociation now. It sometimes feels like I'm trapped image inside a glass box filled with water and I'm drowning and no matter how much I try abd get out of the glass box and scream and panic I just drown.

I can't concentrate on anything, and feel like I have no care for anything in the world, I feel like there's no point even trying in my A-levels, I'm too dumb to get the 3As I need for the course I wanted to do, which I can't do anymore because my school and me think I'm dumb and can't get the grades. So I feel no motivation because there's nothing there to make me think I can even get the grades.People keep telling me to look at alternative courses but I'm an all or nothing person, I can't see myself doing anything, because there is no point paying 9.25k per year for a course I hate. So I'm just stuck doing nothing, I have nothing to motivate me or look forward to or care for. I just don't see the point in anything anymore. And I don't feel going to the GP or anything like that would help me.
talk to someone, it doesnt have to be a GP, is there a teacher, youth worker or friend you can talk to? if not you can talk to childline if your under 19, or samaritans. it will get better :smile:
Original post by FutureMissMRCS
For the last couple months, I've been struggling with psychological pain which also causes physical pain-my limbs feel like lead, I have no concentration, constant numbness which but sometimes some thing trigger an intense build up of pain and sadness in me, causing me to have constant breakdown out of nowhere , where I find myself screaming and crying for more than an hour and shaking. My thoughts torment me all the time and scare me sometimes to the point where I start crying. I keep finding myself just sitting there not doing anything for long periods of time. I suffered from bad dissociation for months to the point I can't recall anything that happened between april and November - I struggle less with dissociation now. It sometimes feels like I'm trapped image inside a glass box filled with water and I'm drowning and no matter how much I try abd get out of the glass box and scream and panic I just drown.

I can't concentrate on anything, and feel like I have no care for anything in the world, I feel like there's no point even trying in my A-levels, I'm too dumb to get the 3As I need for the course I wanted to do, which I can't do anymore because my school and me think I'm dumb and can't get the grades. So I feel no motivation because there's nothing there to make me think I can even get the grades.People keep telling me to look at alternative courses but I'm an all or nothing person, I can't see myself doing anything, because there is no point paying 9.25k per year for a course I hate. So I'm just stuck doing nothing, I have nothing to motivate me or look forward to or care for. I just don't see the point in anything anymore. And I don't feel going to the GP or anything like that would help me.

Ok a couple of things here....

There is unlikely to be anyone on here that is suitably qualified to advise you on your mental and physical well-being. What you are describing sounds quite complex and whilst it's fine to get views and opinions here, you really are best visiting your GP or calling someone like 'mind' who are medically experienced in this sort of thing.

Because you feel so low it's probably difficult to see any way forward, once you can get the help you need your outlook on things will change and so will your motivation.

Being academic and being intelligent ARE NOT the same thing. Just because a course or academia in general is not right for you it doesn't mean you are dumb! There are lots of different routes into different careers and education is only one door, there are others.

Hope you manage to get some help and some perspective on things. Get well soon

Quick Reply

Latest