Insurance Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Ok so I’m selling my car to my dad and we both want to be insured as we will share. If I’m the main driver it’s £205 if my dad is it’s £58

How will they know who’s driving
IWMTom
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ok so I’m selling my car to my dad and we both want to be insured as we will share. If I’m the main driver it’s £205 if my dad is it’s £58

How will they know who’s driving
Who will use it more?

Don't try and defraud an insurer; it will end in tears.
Nautilus
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
That's very cheap. Is that a monthly premium?
Jaceyb
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It’s 50/50
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
IWMTom
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Jaceyb)
It’s 50/50
Very unlikely. Someone will use it more than the other.
xDron3
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If it's genuinly around 50/50, you should be fine with your dad as the main insurer but you won't gain any no claims bonus. If you drive it more and get caught out you're pretty much uninsured and liable to prosecution. (Plus not being insurable for a long long time)
cbaforcba
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Surely with those price you must be a fully grown adult who is old enough, possibly ugly enough, to figure it out yourself.
Jaceyb
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Ok but my point is how will they know who is driving t and when ? My dad is buying my car so it will be in his name aswell
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
IWMTom
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Ok but my point is how will they know who is driving t and when ? My dad is buying my car so it will be in his name aswell
Are you going to be honest and tell us that you're attempting to defraud an insurer?
Emma:-)
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Insurers arent stupid. They find these things out.
If an insurance company can get out of paying they will. And if they sniff a rat they will investigate further.
Its not worth it.Like has been said- If you drive it more and get caught out you're pretty much uninsured and liable to prosecution. (Plus not being insurable for a long long time).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (213)
60%
No (142)
40%

Watched Threads