Student bank accounts & loans Watch

Thidical
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Most student bank accounts state that you are required to have accepted an unconditional offer, or received your grades and met your conditional firm/insurance. If we have to apply for a student loan prior to getting our grades, and therefore prior to getting a student bank account, surely the loan will go through our current debit cards (11-18 account or whatever)? So what's the point in a student bank account?
sophia5892
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Thidical)
Most student bank accounts state that you are required to have accepted an unconditional offer, or received your grades and met your conditional firm/insurance. If we have to apply for a student loan prior to getting our grades, and therefore prior to getting a student bank account, surely the loan will go through our current debit cards (11-18 account or whatever)? So what's the point in a student bank account?
If you stay with the same bank then your account details (sort code and account number) won’t change even if you change account type.

Loans are paid to your account not your debit card.

Or you apply with your current bank details then change them before your first loan instalment if you switch banks.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Last edited by sophia5892; 1 month ago
Thidical
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by sophia5892)
If you stay with the same bank then your account details (sort code and account number) won’t change even if you change account type.

Loans are paid to your account not your debit card.

Or you apply with your current bank details then change them before your first loan instalment if you switch banks.
Aah right, thank you
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Thidical)
You apply for a student loan and they start to process. they wnat the evidence and details to make sure you are elihible and how much for.

You get your results mid August. At this stage you can try and open a bank account as you will be able to confirm your place and prove to the bank youve accepted. You will also need proof of address for the uni accomm unless living at home.

You dont get paid till you enroll and start uni which is about mid sept to mid oct.

Your bank account should already be set up bu then to take your loan or of you have a junior account it will go there.

Point of student bank account maybe £80 Amazon voucher, railcard.

£1,000-£3,000 overdraft the most importnat feature.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (127)
17.81%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.25%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (103)
14.45%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.82%
How can I be the best version of myself? (217)
30.43%

Watched Threads