The Student Room Group

Gcse english literature 2019 predictions

Anyone have any predictions for the literature AQA questions this year?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 14lahmeddd
Anyone have any predictions for the literature AQA questions this year?

Unfortunately not, but what exam board are you?
I do Edexcel English and I'm studying Macbeth, An Inspector Calls, Love and Relationships poetry anthology and A Christmas Carol.
Reply 2
Hey i do AQA but i do study A christmas Carol, power and conflict, lord of the flies and macbeth .(Original post by AngelicBae)Unfortunately not, but what exam board are you?
I do Edexcel English and I'm studying Macbeth, An Inspector Calls, Love and Relationships poetry anthology and A Christmas Carol.
i do edexcel and we do macbeth, christmas carol, inspector calls and conflict poetry anthology. I think exposure, war photogropher and maybe the man he killed is most likely going to appear
Original post by esraa_aydixn
i do edexcel and we do macbeth, christmas carol, inspector calls and conflict poetry anthology. I think exposure, war photogropher and maybe the man he killed is most likely going to appear

do you know any predictions for macbeth, inspector calls or a christmas carol
(Original post by AngelicBae)do you know any predictions for macbeth, inspector calls or a christmas carol

i think mrs birling is going to be what the question is based on for inpector calls, lady macbeth for macbeth and christmas carol one of the ghost
Reply 6
Predicting this early is honestly pointless, just revise and practise writing essays. Those two things will help you much more.
Haven't a clue, but
Macbeth: guilt or power
Jekyll & Hyde: Lanyon
Inspector Calls: Birling (character) and have they done social class yet?
Power&Conflict: Storm on the Island or Poppies.

I'd actually love it if they gave us Edna for AIC though haha
Reply 8
my last duchessghosts- xmas carollady Macbeth/kingship/witches-macbeth
Reply 9
My last duchess- poetry Ghosts/redemption- xmas carol Lady Macbeth/kingship/witches- macbeth
no power for poems
no social class for AIC
no guilt/supernatural for macbeth
possibly lanyon for jekyll and hyde
I think for inspector calls they could go for sheila and her change or the question can be about the inspector BUT you must link it priestly, its a rare chance they would give Eric or Gerald.
For Macbeth I think the witches can be a theme and the supernatural but honestly there's so much possibility's for that so I don't know
And for the Christmas carol I think it would be one fo the ghost on my mocks a month ago ignorance and want came up and BOY I WAS NOT PREPARED FOR IT . That was the only area I didn't revise for
Original post by amallbbyy
do you know any predictions for macbeth, inspector calls or a christmas carol
Original post by amallbbyy
Unfortunately not, but what exam board are you?

hey, i do all of the same texts as you!! any predictions? (i'm desperate)
Reply 13
Does anyone do AQA English Literature here? And what are the predictions for An Inspector Calls, Power and Conflict, Macbeth and A Christmas Carol?

for poetry I'm thinking either the emigree or the prelude, they had ozymandias last year so this year won't be easy!
Reply 15
for poetry it's either gonna be power of nature or identity
Original post by sophdavies
for poetry I'm thinking either the emigree or the prelude, they had ozymandias last year so this year won't be easy!
hey i do all of these but i have honestly no idea. Hope sheila comes up for AIC though!

Original post by hh786
Does anyone do AQA English Literature here? And what are the predictions for An Inspector Calls, Power and Conflict, Macbeth and A Christmas Carol?
Reply 17
@muskaanxx I think it might be Gerald? Idk though, last year the forum said Eric and Eric came up
god i hope gerald doesn't come up!!

Original post by hh786
@muskaanxx I think it might be Gerald? Idk though, last year the forum said Eric and Eric came up

With AQA, but I do exactly the same texts as you!

Omg I hope WP comes up, it’s my favourite!

Quick Reply