GCSE English Literature - how do you prepare quotes? Watch

DaQuestioner
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I'm struggling with my preparation for quotes... I found a few key themes in the plot and characters of the texts I'm studying and I will learn quotes for them but is this good enough?

(Aiming for grade 8/9, exam board AQA, studying Macbeth, A Christmas Carol, An Inspector Calls, and Power & Conflict for poetry)
entertainmyfaith
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
good to learn some analysis points (context, structure, impact etc) alongside quotes so you have some really developed points
DaQuestioner
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by entertainmyfaith)
good to learn some analysis points (context, structure, impact etc) alongside quotes so you have some really developed points
Thanks
ursbhhdb
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i would strongly recommend purchasing the little quote banks- I did Macbeth, An Inspector Calls, Power and Conflict and Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and managed to get a level 9 (after having achieved my lowest mock grade- a level 6- not a bad grade at all but definitely wanted to aim higher)- I am more than happy to help you out but what i would do is find a few quotes that can cover lots of different aspects which can be done by analysing quotes in detail and linking them to lots of themes and key ideas (Original post by DaQuestioner)Hi, I'm struggling with my preparation for quotes... I found a few key themes in the plot and characters of the texts I'm studying and I will learn quotes for them but is this good enough?

(Aiming for grade 8/9, exam board AQA, studying Macbeth, A Christmas Carol, An Inspector Calls, and Power & Conflict for poetry)
tami.ldn
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I study Macbeth,Lord Of The Flies,Jekyll and Hyde and power and conflict poetry,

any tips?

AQA Exam board aim:7
annlaju
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ursbhhdb)
i would strongly recommend purchasing the little quote banks- I did Macbeth, An Inspector Calls, Power and Conflict and Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and managed to get a level 9 (after having achieved my lowest mock grade- a level 6- not a bad grade at all but definitely wanted to aim higher)- I am more than happy to help you out but what i would do is find a few quotes that can cover lots of different aspects which can be done by analysing quotes in detail and linking them to lots of themes and key ideas (Original post by DaQuestioner)Hi, I'm struggling with my preparation for quotes... I found a few key themes in the plot and characters of the texts I'm studying and I will learn quotes for them but is this good enough?

please could you help me?
ursbhhdb
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
sure- how can i help you
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
annlaju
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
sure- how can i help you
where did you purchase the quote banks from?
ursbhhdb
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by annlaju)
where did you purchase the quote banks from?
amazon
huda122
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

help mee
ursbhhdb
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by huda122)
help mee
how so? is there anything specific
ursbhhdb
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by huda122)
help mee
how can i help you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Birmingham
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • King's College London
    Postgraduate Taught Courses - Arts & Sciences - Strand Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19
  • University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (35)
14.29%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (21)
8.57%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (50)
20.41%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (36)
14.69%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (30)
12.24%
How can I be the best version of myself? (73)
29.8%

Watched Threads