The Student Room Group

Gonna have a mental break down very soon

One if mybnew semester resolution is to start my assignments very early so the moment I acc get them. Now I'm stressing out because I found out I have 3 assignments to complete (all due around March). It hasn't even been a week. I've started this semester on Monday Uff. Anyways,we’ve been told about the assignments but not taught about them yet. There’s an assignment that I think I’m ready to start because it seems self explanatory but it needs some time to collect some information and stuff (kind of difficult but I think I’ll get through it). Would It be odd to start it now?

Btw I’m not “smart” or know what I’m doing but I’m trying.
First of all don't stress. If you make a timeline you will finish in time.
If you want you can start with it a little- but if you don't know much about it and you do end up doing it wrong you may be frustrated as it would be wasted time
Reply 2
Original post by AzureCeleste
First of all don't stress. If you make a timeline you will finish in time.
If you want you can start with it a little- but if you don't know much about it and you do end up doing it wrong you may be frustrated as it would be wasted time

Im trying not to stress eeek. I’m gonna start little by little, make a time table and a plan and I’ll make sure I use the relevant info I get from my lecture. I’m acc not tryna make the same mistake as first semester that why lool
Original post by Anonymous
Im trying not to stress eeek. I’m gonna start little by little, make a time table and a plan and I’ll make sure I use the relevant info I get from my lecture. I’m acc not tryna make the same mistake as first semester that why lool

Just don't stress now. I did that and had full on mental breakdowns.
Then when I planned out what I needed to do I realised how much time I had and that I'd have plenty of time to spare (to catch up if something took longer than expected). It'll be fine
Reply 4
Just don't stress now. I did that and had full on mental breakdowns.
Then when I planned out what I needed to do I realised how much time I had and that I'd have plenty of time to spare (to catch up if something took longer than expected). It'll be fine

Do you think started very early is a great idea then?
Do you think started very early is a great idea then?

Not necessarily- only if you want to. I'd make a timeline from the deadline (maybe starting a week or so before to give time for proofreading or unexpected delays) and work backwards from there and see as to when you should start
Reply 6
Not necessarily- only if you want to. I'd make a timeline from the deadline (maybe starting a week or so before to give time for proofreading or unexpected delays) and work backwards from there and see as to when you should start

Ohh yhyhh true. I've got about a month so I'll probably just plann

Thank you xx
One if mybnew semester resolution is to start my assignments very early so the moment I acc get them. Now I'm stressing out because I found out I have 3 assignments to complete (all due around March). It hasn't even been a week. I've started this semester on Monday Uff. Anyways,we’ve been told about the assignments but not taught about them yet. There’s an assignment that I think I’m ready to start because it seems self explanatory but it needs some time to collect some information and stuff (kind of difficult but I think I’ll get through it). Would It be odd to start it now?

Btw I’m not “smart” or know what I’m doing but I’m trying.

Maybe you could just start off with planning the one you're most confident with starting, it sounds like a waste of time but if you start to map out what you're going to write it will feel a lot smoother when you actually come to doing it - plus, the more you learn and are taught about it, the more you can keep on adding to your plan (if you think that will benefit you, don't do it if you think it will stress you more) and going more into depth on the specifics, so you end up with a clear structure on what you want to write.

I hope this makes sense and I hope it helps, remember your mental health always comes before your grades - good luck on your work anyway though :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by abbie-compton02
Maybe you could just start off with planning the one you're most confident with starting, it sounds like a waste of time but if you start to map out what you're going to write it will feel a lot smoother when you actually come to doing it - plus, the more you learn and are taught about it, the more you can keep on adding to your plan (if you think that will benefit you, don't do it if you think it will stress you more) and going more into depth on the specifics, so you end up with a clear structure on what you want to write.

I hope this makes sense and I hope it helps, remember your mental health always comes before your grades - good luck on your work anyway though :smile:

I'm planning on focusing on only one eekkk. I know the more I learn about something the easier the assignment will be but I don't really understand much of the lecture so I try to do my own research :frown:
But I'll try and understand it this time but I doubt it.
Thank you for your help xx

Quick Reply

Latest