The Student Room Group

What are you wearing to keep warm?

It’s currently -3 outside :nothing:

I’m currently in pjs, my dressing gown, socks, with my duvet, blanket, and electric blanket on... still pretty cold. So any tips? What are you wearing during the day to keep warm and how about at night? :snow:

Scroll to see replies

your blankets are too thin perhaps? or your pjs? I always wear 3 layers on top in this weather
Original post by hello_shawn
your blankets are too thin perhaps? or your pjs? I always wear 3 layers on top in this weather

Blimey, yeah maybe I need another layer. Maybe I’m just a weakling :lol: what sort of 3 layers do you wear?
Vest and trackies. Man's not cold.
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Blimey, yeah maybe I need another layer. Maybe I’m just a weakling :lol: what sort of 3 layers do you wear?

the inner two layers are thin, the outer layer is thick
At least I’m not alone in this! Also normally I have my partner to cuddle up to but she’s not here tonight, so just freezing alone :tongue:

Have you got an electric blanket? Just cranked mine up to the next level of heat and that’s helping a lot :love:
You must have a hot water bottle. It's an essential!
Original post by hello_shawn
the inner two layers are thin, the outer layer is thick

Yeah I’ve heard having more layers (even if it’s thin) is better than less layers but thick. I think it traps in more warm air? :holmes:
:rofl:

This is what I need :lol:

Is this a picture of how many layers you’re wearing right now? :mmm:
When I am able t be in my flat I go under my duvet with a heated mattress topper and two blankets. If I go outside then a coat, scarf, gloves etc
A t-shirt :blushing:
Yeah we’ve not had actual snow, a bit of sleet. My car started to frost over again at 8pm tonight, had to scrap it again. Wow, careful, you might get sunburn :shock: how are you keeping cool? :mmm:
Original post by StormyOcean
When I am able t be in my flat I go under my duvet with a heated mattress topper and two blankets. If I go outside then a coat, scarf, gloves etc

Got to love a heated blanket/mattress topper :love:

I seem to be okay during the day (probably because I’m moving around more), so just wear a coat but no gloves or a scarf. It’s at night I’m soooo cold :tongue:
Get the ice cream out! :eek:

I did actually have ice cream last night like a maniac :mmm: although I was in my dressing gown to keep warm :tongue:
I'm wearing a tracksuit, thick woolly tights, long sleeved shirt, three jumpers and a hoodie.
I am wearing a t shirt, shorts and pizza socks. The are black, and have little pictures of pizza slices on them 🍕🧦
Original post by londonmyst
I'm wearing a tracksuit, thick woolly tights, long sleeved shirt, three jumpers and a hoodie.

Ooh tights is a good idea! 3 jumpers, wow - big ones? I need to up my layers :lol:
With warm chocolate cake though at least :love:
Original post by BurstingBubbles
It’s currently -3 outside :nothing:

I’m currently in pjs, my dressing gown, socks, with my duvet, blanket, and electric blanket on... still pretty cold. So any tips? What are you wearing during the day to keep warm and how about at night? :snow:

Gloves, Radiator, Vest :smile:
Original post by Pachuco
I am wearing a t shirt, shorts and pizza socks. The are black, and have little pictures of pizza slices on them 🍕🧦

As I was reading that, for a second I thought you were wearing pizza on you. Like a warm pizza blanket :lol: don't the socks make you hungry? :tongue:
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest