Higher Maths help Watch

Chl2763
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So I have stuggled a lot in maths and recently got 48% in my prelim. I was very disappointed as I put a lot of effort into revising and did well at Nat 5. I am over the disappointment and am now focused on improving my grade so I am wondering if there are any good tips to do so ☺️
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
See if there is a typical type of question where you are going wrong and practice focussing on that topic and learning.
Maybe once a week try a question from each topic to make sure you you are on top of the methods and how to work them out?
Higher maths is quite a bit harder than nat 5, so don't feel too disheartened with the prelim
Labrador99
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Chl2763)
So I have stuggled a lot in maths and recently got 48% in my prelim. I was very disappointed as I put a lot of effort into revising and did well at Nat 5. I am over the disappointment and am now focused on improving my grade so I am wondering if there are any good tips to do so ☺️
That's the right attitude to have, which will help you a lot. It comes down to a lot of practice, asking for help in the bits you struggle with, and focusing more of your revision on the parts of the course where you've lots marks in the prelim. This website has tonnes of good resources, and while you shouldn't be doing every single question on it, there is loads to choose from! https://www.highermathematics.co.uk/...-whole-course/
There's also lots of helpful people here on TSR of you're ever stuck, either in the Higher Maths thread, or the people in the Maths Forum are some of the most helpful people on TSR
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (79)
59.85%
No (53)
40.15%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise