The Student Room Group

Funding for 2nd undergraduate course

Hi back in 1997 I received 4 years of funding for a undergraduate degree. Unfortunately I failed my degree Nd received a Cert of Higher Ed.
I want to study again....does anyone know if there is any way I can get funding. Im thinking teaching or a health related course. I'm also disabled now.
Please if anyone can advise me as I see so many conflicting viewpoints. Cheers x
Original post by Sashfrank
Hi back in 1997 I received 4 years of funding for a undergraduate degree. Unfortunately I failed my degree Nd received a Cert of Higher Ed.
I want to study again....does anyone know if there is any way I can get funding. Im thinking teaching or a health related course. I'm also disabled now.
Please if anyone can advise me as I see so many conflicting viewpoints. Cheers x

Hello,

So we can advise on your eligibility, we will need to know which university and course you are looking to study. Have you any ideas on as of yet?

Thanks, Lynsey.
Reply 2
Hi I was thinking of teaching or occupational therapy.
Thanks
Hi I was thinking of teaching or occupational therapy.
Thanks

Hi,

You should be eligible to apply for funding for Occupational Therapy. Regarding 'teaching', we would need to know what is the course you're looking to study please? The examples are: Initial Teacher Training (ITT), Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), etc.

Kind regards,
Shahrzad
Reply 4
The teaching qualification I am considering is BA (Hons) Secondary Religious Education with QTS or Secondary English. They have 2 or 3 year route...with my previous study I got a cert of Higher education so this would hopefully allow me to complete over 2 years.
Thanks
The teaching qualification I am considering is BA (Hons) Secondary Religious Education with QTS or Secondary English. They have 2 or 3 year route...with my previous study I got a cert of Higher education so this would hopefully allow me to complete over 2 years.
Thanks

Hi,

You should be eligible to apply for funding providing you to do not already hold QTS and your course is under 2 years.

Any courses over 2 years we would need to take your previous study into consideration.

Thanks, Chanel
Reply 6
Original post by SFE Chanel
Hi,

You should be eligible to apply for funding providing you to do not already hold QTS and your course is under 2 years.

Any courses over 2 years we would need to take your previous study into consideration.

Thanks, Chanel

Hi Ive just spoken to student finance on telephone and They said I won't qualify for help with teaching course unless I have compelling personal reasons for leaving my course. They said only if I do an allied health professional course.
Can you clarify please xx
Hi Ive just spoken to student finance on telephone and They said I won't qualify for help with teaching course unless I have compelling personal reasons for leaving my course. They said only if I do an allied health professional course.
Can you clarify please xx

Hi,

Please confirm your full course details i.e start date, length, university etc.

Thanks, Chanel
Reply 8
BA (Hons) Secondary Religious Education with QTS

XV63 UCAS CODE

2 YEARS

SEPTEMBER 2019

EDGE HILL UNIVERSITY
BA (Hons) Secondary Religious Education with QTS

XV63 UCAS CODE

2 YEARS

SEPTEMBER 2019

EDGE HILL UNIVERSITY

Hi,

You would be eligible for funding for this course as it's an exception.

Thanks, Chanel
Reply 10
Original post by SFE Chanel
Hi,

You would be eligible for funding for this course as it's an exception.

Thanks, Chanel

Hi channel sorry to be a pain but this is the reply I got and it's so conflicting.
Hi

We would take into account any years of previous study when calculating your student finance. We have use the following calculation:

Duration of new course + an additional year - any years of previous study = student's entitlement

The only course we don't use the above calculation for is Radiography. As this is one of our exception courses we don't take into account any previous study. You would be eligible for a Maintenance Loan and Tuition Fee Loan.
Hi channel sorry to be a pain but this is the reply I got and it's so conflicting.
Hi

We would take into account any years of previous study when calculating your student finance. We have use the following calculation:

Duration of new course + an additional year - any years of previous study = student's entitlement

The only course we don't use the above calculation for is Radiography. As this is one of our exception courses we don't take into account any previous study. You would be eligible for a Maintenance Loan and Tuition Fee Loan.

Hello,

Who provided you the previous study calculation?

As you are looking to attend an Undergraduate Initial Teacher Training (ITT) course with a duration of 2 years or less, you are eligible to apply for the Tuition Fee Loan, Maintenance Loan, Supplementary Grants(Childcare, Parent’s Learning Allowance and Adult Dependant Grant) &and DSA's if applicable regardless of your previous study as long as you do not already hold Qualified Teacher Status(QTS).

Thanks, Lynsey.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending