The Student Room Group

Is my chemistry teacher teaching past the GCSE spec?

I am doing triple science edexcel for my gcses and i got a new teacher (a bad one really) after christmas. She is teaching us about Faraday's constant and charge calculations in electrolysis, but it's not in any textbook or the spec! She claims that it is "hidden within the spec" (whatever that means...). Is my chemistry teacher teaching us what we need to know? Does anyone know if this is actually in the spec or is she just being a bad teacher?
Original post by Will_W
I am doing triple science edexcel for my gcses and i got a new teacher (a bad one really) after christmas. She is teaching us about Faraday's constant and charge calculations in electrolysis, but it's not in any textbook or the spec! She claims that it is "hidden within the spec" (whatever that means...). Is my chemistry teacher teaching us what we need to know? Does anyone know if this is actually in the spec or is she just being a bad teacher?

Have you read the specification for your course?

If so, then you could answer your own question.
Reply 2
Original post by charco
Have you read the specification for your course?

If so, then you could answer your own question.

I have checked the spec and it wasn't there and that's when i asked her. That's when she made the claim that's it's hidden. So yeah most likely i don't need to know it i guess?
Original post by Will_W

Hidden within the spec makes absolutely no sense. It's either IN the specification or it's not! The document outlines exactly what can be examined. Nothing is hidden.

Look for the answer yourself here: https://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/GCSE/Science/2016/Specification/GCSE_Chemistry_Spec.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest