The Student Room Group

16 year old holiday

Wanting to go on a holiday abroad to Spain/Portugal but I’m only 16 so I need to know what hotels I’ll be allowed to stay in. Please let me know any hotels that will allow 16 year olds unaccompanied.
Reply 1
I’m pretty sure you need to be 18 to go abroad unless there’s an adult waiting at the other end. That was the case I’m not too sure now though
i went ot magaluf when my friends and i were 17, we found it difficult to find a hotel accepting 17 years olds, let alone 18
Reply 3
usaully u have to be 18 or over to be allowed into a hotel on your own
Reply 4
In the UK it’s only 16 because I’ve been to loads at my age but to go abroad it usually is 18
Reply 5
Original post by leiaken
In the UK it’s only 16 because I’ve been to loads at my age but to go abroad it usually is 18

yes your as the europe has different rules and regulations for each country
I went to Madrid at 17 alone with a friend, my friend constantly said it was fine, but I forced him to ring up and check, whilst they didn't have a problem, they just requested contact information from me and my friends parents, I went to Cyprus at 16 with 3 others, but luckily my friends family had a villa out there, just ring up and check before, a Hostel is probably the best option though 2bh

Quick Reply

Latest