Best time to drive on motorway Watch

Wilej019
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’ve been wanting to bring my car to uni for a while now but I’m quite scared of the long drive. I live in Surrey and go to uni in Leicester so this means going on the M25 and then the M1.
I want to drive at a quiet time but I don’t know when? I was thinking maybe at night but I’m a bit nervous about doing that on my own. When would be the best time?
MKaur18
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Wilej019)I’ve been wanting to bring my car to uni for a while now but I’m quite scared of the long drive. I live in Surrey and go to uni in Leicester so this means going on the M25 and then the M1.
I want to drive at a quiet time but I don’t know when? I was thinking maybe at night but I’m a bit nervous about doing that on my own. When would be the best time?
10.30am or at night 10pm.
cbaforcba
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Late Sunday, admitedly I only drive for like 2 junctions, but since I have no need to use a motorway, I still think it's good to get some practise and so I go on Sundays at like 6pm, very quiet.
Mr. Petrol Head
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Motorway driving is most fun between 12 am to 5 am . Make sure you have some tunes to play around too!!
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
nowhen (jk, just wanted to use that word)
Emma:-)
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Id say either late evening or early afternoon. You are unlikely to get any rush hour traffic then.
Nuffles
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Motorways are fine any time of day (unless there's real traffic) - you just stick to the left lane unless you need to overtake. Super easy.

That said, motorways are best after midnight IMO. You can cruise along at 70mph in the left lane with barely anyone else to bother you. Bear in mind that service stations are more limited in the middle of the night as not all of them are 24 hour.
TheMcSame
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's hard to say really... It depends what you mean by quiet time.

Your best bet for quiet times is probably around mid-day on school and workdays or just the early hours of the morning in general.

Realistically though, motorways aren't all that hard to deal with.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (238)
59.65%
No (161)
40.35%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed