The Student Room Group

OCR Biology New A-level H420 Paper 1,2,3 (2019) Predictions + Exam Discussion Thread

Scroll to see replies

If it helps, I remember the vales by trightcuspid? Like tricuspid is in the right side?
Original post by lionike123
The Valves between Atrium and Ventricles. Tricuspid Valve is the one in the right.
Original post by lucia1234
what are the bicuspid and tricuspid valves???

they are the atrioventricular valves, on each side of the heart left and right to prevent backflow of blood going into the the ventricles from atria
its either 0 (pure water) or negative, which has solutes in the water.
For water potential can someone explain the signs negative and positive.
thank you :smile:
The Valves between Atrium and Ventricles. Tricuspid Valve is the one in the right.

Original post by ra1500
they are the atrioventricular valves, on each side of the heart left and right to prevent backflow of blood going into the the ventricles from atria
carboaminohaemoglobin is when CO2 binds to Haemoglobin, as O2 unloads from Hb in presence of CO2. Carbonic acid is when CO2 and H20 react to form carbonic acid catalysed by the enzyme carbonic anhydrase.
What is the difference between carbaminohaemoglobin and carbonic acid?
carbonic acid is the product from carbon dioxide + water and carbaminohaemoglobin is Hb + CO2 and accounts for 10% of what happens to CO2, 85% is transported as hydrogen carbonate ions and 5% just dissolves directly into the plasma, hope this helps.
What is the difference between carbaminohaemoglobin and carbonic acid?
D wahey
Original post by lollypenguin
what does everyone need to get for uni in bio?
What practicals have you guys learnt? Also what maths have you learnt?
I’ve not been writing my middle name in the forename spaces on the front pages of my exam.... is this a problem?????
No not really
Original post by Lol45678
I’ve not been writing my middle name in the forename spaces on the front pages of my exam.... is this a problem?????
Original post by tchatel15
D wahey

damn wish I was in the same boat
I'm aiming for a B tho dw haha
Original post by lollypenguin
damn wish I was in the same boat
https://linkto.run/p/4X2X5OQC

feel free to vote how you're feeling lmao and make the rest of us feel better knowing we're gonna fail collectively as a year :smile:
or if its just me lool
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by tchatel15
I'm aiming for a B tho dw haha

ah that's good! good luck man
Reply 994
It's the movement of assimilates to where they are needed and it works (supposedly) by the mass flow hypothesis:

1. At the source (e.g. leaves) sucrose is actively loaded into the phloem from surrounding tissue which lowers water potential causing water to enter phloem as well; the combination of the two create high pressure
2. At the sink (any part of the leaf using the sucrose), sucrose usually diffuses out of the phloem to where its needed, lowering the water potential so water also leaves by osmosis
3. Steps 1 and 2 create a large pressure gradient which is how it gets from source to sink
Original post by Tillyross5
Please can someone summarise translocation? The textbook makes it so long!
who's ready ...
Original post by sherzsy
who's ready ...

not me :smile:
Anyone else also got a geography exam tomorrow as well as biology?
omg that's peak, good luck!
Original post by Oliver0007
Me. Environmental Science on friday morning aswell. RIP. Good luck
Original post by Oliver0007
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending