Help with depression Watch

Jacob---
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I have had depression since primary school (Year 5-6) and I am currently in college where it has gotten worse, I don't feel much of anything any more and I feel it has seriously effected every part of me. Long story short I want to try and get help but i feel it will seriously hurt my mum/ all close family and friends if they learn how long I have been like this. Is there any help I can get without the risk of people close to me finding out?

Thanks for reading
Last edited by Jacob---; 2 weeks ago
Zahid~
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
you can make your own doctors appointment your parents will never need to know.
I can see why you would think your mum would be upset but I think she'll feel better with the fact that you shared how you're feeling with her. she's your mum and she'll support you with whatever you do, you don't have to hide this from her.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Jacob---
Rep:
?
Thanks I'll book an appointment and im not sure if i should tell her since mental health problems run in her side of the family and she implied that she was borderline on not having kids because of it, I think that if i do tell her no matter what i say she will blame herself.
Zahid~
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
you can also self refer yourself to talking therapy in the local area, you might want to consider this after having a chat with your doctor.
It's good you're making this appointment though, presently surprised that youre doing it in fact. seeking help can be difficult.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Jacob---
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zahid~)
you can also self refer yourself to talking therapy in the local area, you might want to consider this after having a chat with your doctor.
It's good you're making this appointment though, presently surprised that youre doing it in fact. seeking help can be difficult.
Thanks that means a lot
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (213)
60%
No (142)
40%

Watched Threads