The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

well i only got it as the last one didnt work and it didnt give a pigs arse when i did 140 down a motorway, i didnt know they changed their policy and everything is so strict, when youre 19 and have a brand new so called "posh" car with a "big engine" (i disagree as its only a 2 litre i didnt even know cars can have engine smaller than a 2 ltr unit before) it can be difficult to get acceptable insurance quotes...
Original post by Revolver72
I will never understand people who get black boxes in their car and then speed everywhere.

If you're going to drive like a moron and assume that the rules of the road don't apply to you, then don't have your insurer install a live telemetry system in your car which tracks speed, acceleration, and driving style?

The mind boggles. This thread is a hoot!
just speed really
(Original post by Panic123)Considering getting tesco bb soon. What do they monitor under the new criteria, is it just speed?

Secondly are new tesco bb more strict than 'old' ones?

Original post by Panic123
Considering getting tesco bb soon. What do they monitor under the new criteria, is it just speed?

Secondly are new tesco bb more strict than 'old' ones?
im on the 6th month no cancelation, i simply couldn't get it to not show red? im genuinely not speeding. if they count doing 90 for a second for the whole month speeding excessively and gives me a red then fair enough i guess... im not being funny or to brag but it literally takes a second to go from 70-90 to allow people to pull out? surely i cant just not let people out on the motorway? quite annoyed by this new policy ngl.... wish i knew and juts paid the extra for normal policy.... never had this issue with TBB before this stupid new policy came out.

Original post by UniqueG
I just got an email and text, saying I’ve been speeding 4 months in a row and next month they’ll cancel if I speed. How likely is it that they’ll actually cancel my policy next month?
when did you strat the policy? i do the same with TBB before they renewed their policy, idk when they did but they added "unacceptable driving behaviour" my old car which was a f30 320d bmw i used to the same speed as you and no issues. i didnt even get warnings for the two years i had the policy, is just in my new car a new box had to be fitted and the problems all came from that......

Original post by Tj bmw
I have got red in my first 3 months and did 140 mph down the motor way in my bmw, they are throwing the cancellation threats but my insurance has not yet been cancelled although I feel like t would be if I continue to speed, your most likely going to be fine if you only excide the speed limit by 10 but I would not recommend going over 100mph
I've just noticed they have added this clause in too. Were any of you formally notified of this? I only noticed when I received an email from them saying I had scored red for the previous month (two times in a row now).

I think I am going to leave them... With the threat of cancellation, it may now be worth paying the extra elsewhere.
no i didnt, if i knew i would have paid more for a none black box policy, im on my 6th and final warning, they probably will cancel in 10 days :? will let you know what actions they take, you'll be fine as you only have 2.
Original post by TheMan100
I've just noticed they have added this clause in too. Were any of you formally notified of this? I only noticed when I received an email from them saying I had scored red for the previous month (two times in a row now).

I think I am going to leave them... With the threat of cancellation, it may now be worth paying the extra elsewhere.
Reply 26
I know 2 people that have do 100 on tesco black boxes and they do this regularly, nothings happened
Original post by Tj bmw
I have got red in my first 3 months and did 140 mph down the motor way in my bmw, they are throwing the cancellation threats but my insurance has not yet been cancelled although I feel like t would be if I continue to speed, your most likely going to be fine if you only excide the speed limit by 10 but I would not recommend going over 100mph

Trolling? I wish the police had caught you.
I've been on Tesco bank bb insurance for a month now, but when I log into my portal I can only see the amount of miles I have left and the amount I have done. Also I have not yet received any emails about possible cancellations even though I have gone over the speed limit before as I was getting beeped at from drivers behind. Would appreciate any info thanks
I

Original post by scoobypoo
I've been on Tesco bank bb insurance for a month now, but when I log into my portal I can only see the amount of miles I have left and the amount I have done. Also I have not yet received any emails about possible cancellations even though I have gone over the speed limit before as I was getting beeped at from drivers behind. Would appreciate any info thanks

That’s the same with me, for some reason I can only see miles done. I’m scared to go fast but I’m hoping the system is kinda messed up on some of these newer ones and it’s not working ahah
Original post by Jlloyd12606
I

That’s the same with me, for some reason I can only see miles done. I’m scared to go fast but I’m hoping the system is kinda messed up on some of these newer ones and it’s not working ahah

Click on the bonus miles tab and it tells you about how youve been driving. Stupid system because even though I haven't been speeding, on national speed (60mph) country roads they say I have been driving at unsafe speeds (still way under 60) and have still penalised me for it. Grr!
Original post by JUBAAIDU
Hi i really need help. I got tesco bb and from my first day of driving i got both a letter and an email for unacceptable driving behabvior.. yes yes it was forexcessive speeds all of the saints can piss off lol. Letter and email said if i have another instance of unacceptable driving behavior, my insurance will get cancelled. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had theirs cancelled / any issues. And whats ths faztest people have driven on their tesco blackbox. Scared to even drive at this point lol.

update it took 8 red scores, and two formal letters for them to cancel, they canceled on the basis I was speeding, gave me 7 days to cancel myself, now with admiral paying 1.8k for insurance which is pretty cheap. but I would slow the **** down if you get a physical letter unless you're prepared to pay for a none box insurance (which I was and in that case foot down until you hit 157mph (in Mexico)
I got a letter from Tesco black box today saying I was speeding last week and any serious speeding they will cancel immediately, however yesterday I did 100 (before I got the warning). Do you think I’ll be fine or in trouble?
Reply 33
Original post by Ellismar
I got a letter from Tesco black box today saying I was speeding last week and any serious speeding they will cancel immediately, however yesterday I did 100 (before I got the warning). Do you think I’ll be fine or in trouble?

You're obviously going to be in the ****...
Reply 34

One day you shall either kill someone or lose your licence at the very least.
Reply 35

I think you're stupid.
you speeded.. your insurance set you terms you need to follow... sorry but your on your own
Reply 37
It’s a lie that basically I’ve been on the black box for 9 months my score is red I was on mortaway doing 70 bang on 70 and got texts saying slow down I’ve been driving here and there in 30 zones doing 27 and my score is red so not sure can’t wait to get off this insurence **** take

Latest