Tesco Blackbox Speeding Watch

andyhong
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
well i only got it as the last one didnt work and it didnt give a pigs arse when i did 140 down a motorway, i didnt know they changed their policy and everything is so strict, when youre 19 and have a brand new so called "posh" car with a "big engine" (i disagree as its only a 2 litre i didnt even know cars can have engine smaller than a 2 ltr unit before) it can be difficult to get acceptable insurance quotes...
(Original post by Revolver72)
I will never understand people who get black boxes in their car and then speed everywhere.

If you're going to drive like a moron and assume that the rules of the road don't apply to you, then don't have your insurer install a live telemetry system in your car which tracks speed, acceleration, and driving style?

The mind boggles. This thread is a hoot!
andyhong
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
just speed really
(Original post by Panic123)Considering getting tesco bb soon. What do they monitor under the new criteria, is it just speed?

Secondly are new tesco bb more strict than 'old' ones?

(Original post by Panic123)
Considering getting tesco bb soon. What do they monitor under the new criteria, is it just speed?

Secondly are new tesco bb more strict than 'old' ones?
andyhong
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
im on the 6th month no cancelation, i simply couldn't get it to not show red? im genuinely not speeding. if they count doing 90 for a second for the whole month speeding excessively and gives me a red then fair enough i guess... im not being funny or to brag but it literally takes a second to go from 70-90 to allow people to pull out? surely i cant just not let people out on the motorway? quite annoyed by this new policy ngl.... wish i knew and juts paid the extra for normal policy.... never had this issue with TBB before this stupid new policy came out.

(Original post by UniqueG)
I just got an email and text, saying I’ve been speeding 4 months in a row and next month they’ll cancel if I speed. How likely is it that they’ll actually cancel my policy next month?
andyhong
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
when did you strat the policy? i do the same with TBB before they renewed their policy, idk when they did but they added "unacceptable driving behaviour" my old car which was a f30 320d bmw i used to the same speed as you and no issues. i didnt even get warnings for the two years i had the policy, is just in my new car a new box had to be fitted and the problems all came from that......

(Original post by Tj bmw)
I have got red in my first 3 months and did 140 mph down the motor way in my bmw, they are throwing the cancellation threats but my insurance has not yet been cancelled although I feel like t would be if I continue to speed, your most likely going to be fine if you only excide the speed limit by 10 but I would not recommend going over 100mph
TheMan100
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I've just noticed they have added this clause in too. Were any of you formally notified of this? I only noticed when I received an email from them saying I had scored red for the previous month (two times in a row now).

I think I am going to leave them... With the threat of cancellation, it may now be worth paying the extra elsewhere.
andyhong
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
no i didnt, if i knew i would have paid more for a none black box policy, im on my 6th and final warning, they probably will cancel in 10 days :? will let you know what actions they take, you'll be fine as you only have 2.
(Original post by TheMan100)
I've just noticed they have added this clause in too. Were any of you formally notified of this? I only noticed when I received an email from them saying I had scored red for the previous month (two times in a row now).

I think I am going to leave them... With the threat of cancellation, it may now be worth paying the extra elsewhere.
tbinnsy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I know 2 people that have do 100 on tesco black boxes and they do this regularly, nothings happened
YaliaV
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Tj bmw)
I have got red in my first 3 months and did 140 mph down the motor way in my bmw, they are throwing the cancellation threats but my insurance has not yet been cancelled although I feel like t would be if I continue to speed, your most likely going to be fine if you only excide the speed limit by 10 but I would not recommend going over 100mph
Trolling? I wish the police had caught you.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
scoobypoo
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've been on Tesco bank bb insurance for a month now, but when I log into my portal I can only see the amount of miles I have left and the amount I have done. Also I have not yet received any emails about possible cancellations even though I have gone over the speed limit before as I was getting beeped at from drivers behind. Would appreciate any info thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (150)
17.71%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (75)
8.85%
No I am happy with my course choice (501)
59.15%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (121)
14.29%

Watched Threads