The Student Room Group

Scot Gov Graduate Development Programme

Scroll to see replies

Reply 260
Does anyone know how many graduates they are looking to recruit onto the scheme? I couldn't see it written anywhere...
Original post by Bencb1
Does anyone know how many graduates they are looking to recruit onto the scheme? I couldn't see it written anywhere...

I think someone from the previous cohort said around 20, but I am not sure
Does anybody know how many people apply? Just trying to gage the success rate
Original post by betty126
Does anybody know how many people apply? Just trying to gage the success rate

I just searched and found FOI requests made in 2019. It shows that there were 2,792 applicants for the 2017 intake. From this group, 22 applicants had offers. I might be hugely over speculating here, but if you consider the effects of COVID and the number of yearly graduates since then. I'd say there were probably 3000+ applicants this year. The number of available places stays pretty much the same. I wouldn't dwell too much on that. It is hugely competitive like all graduate schemes, so my advice is to focus on doing your best. At least that's what I'll be doing.
Here is the link to the FOI request made.

https://www.gov.scot/publications/foi-19-01081/
(edited 3 years ago)
A pal of mine, who was applying for another ScotGov vacancy, received an email a couple of days ago informing her she had passed the SJT and had progressed onto the next stage. Yesterday she received another email from ScotGov, informing her there had been technical issues that had marked some of the scores incorrectly and unfortunately, her score was amongst them and she had in fact failed the test, so her application would now not be processed.
Original post by cla5hb0y6880
A pal of mine, who was applying for another ScotGov vacancy, received an email a couple of days ago informing her she had passed the SJT and had progressed onto the next stage. Yesterday she received another email from ScotGov, informing her there had been technical issues that had marked some of the scores incorrectly and unfortunately, her score was amongst them and she had in fact failed the test, so her application would now not be processed.

Jesus, that’s harsh!! I hope it doesn’t happen to any of us.
Hey all, so according to an email I received. We should start hearing back from the scheme as of Monday the 12th. Has anyone heard anything back yet?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by jokumu56102
Hey all, so according to an email I received. We should start hearing back from the scheme as of Monday the 12th. Has anyone heard anything back yet?

Nothing yet
Original post by jokumu56102

Could be affected by national mourning. Also, I would not advise to hold your breath over "We aim to..." 😂.
Reply 269
Just heard back and been invited to the assessment centre so hopefully people will be hearing back soon.
Original post by awd98
Just heard back and been invited to the assessment centre so hopefully people will be hearing back soon.

Well done. What date is the assessment centre if you don’t mind me asking! Still not heard back.
Ooh interesting. Well done! Still haven’t heard anything either.. 🤞🏻
Just heard back and didn't get invited to the assessment centre. A bit disappointed of course as this sounds like an amazing opportunity, but going to keep the tough graduate job search going haha.

Good luck to everyone else and especially those invited to the assessment centre!
Aw man! I got a rejection too. It’s so tough going right now with this graduate market. Soo close yet soo far. Best of luck to the lucky few and those still searching!
Just heard back a few minutes ago, and I haven't been invited to the next stage. Good luck to everyone!
Rejected too. Just before 5 on a Friday too, how cruel 😂 good luck everyone else!
Rejected too, just after talking to a friend about not hearing back. I spent loads on practice tests and loads of time, blurghhhhhhh!
Reply 277
Original post by MullenJ
Well done. What date is the assessment centre if you don’t mind me asking! Still not heard back.

Thanks. You get to choose one in either May or June, but you don't choose your date till Monday.
(edited 2 years ago)
I was picked for the assessment centre! It says when we will receive our invites depends on whether we ticked the ‘GI box’ in the application form. I applied a while back and cannot for the life remember what GI could stand for - any ideas?
Reply 279
Original post by StephCoulter
I was picked for the assessment centre! It says when we will receive our invites depends on whether we ticked the ‘GI box’ in the application form. I applied a while back and cannot for the life remember what GI could stand for - any ideas?

Hi, I am assuming from reading the candidate guide its whether your disabled and need extra support put in place i.e. extra time for assessments etc. As it says those with extra time etc or different support needs will do there assessment centre towards the end of May according to the guide. Although I would agree its a bit confusing. Given I haven't received a date I assume I ticked the GI box

Quick Reply