Scot Gov Graduate Development Programme Watch

pjm600
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by trickytricky)
Hi, I still haven’t got an email with the test. I sent a message the address they mentioned in the original email we got but I’m still waiting for them to reply!
Check your spam, that's where mine was. The email is sent by capita, not the scottish gov email address
Kiera_James
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by pjm600)
Check your spam, that's where mine was. The email is sent by capita, not the scottish gov email address
They tried to send me an invitation twice and it never arrived - I checked my spam, no dice. So they had to add me manually and send me my login details. I would email Capita and Scottish Gov to let them know because last I heard they're not extending the tuesday deadline for peope like me who only got access on Friday. But if you don't get access till Monday maybe they will extend it for you?
Kiera_James
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by G-Mac)
Hi,

Yes, I joined the Scottish Government as part of the 2017 graduate programme. I don't have the exact figure for the starting salary but I believe it's around £28,000.

Graham
Does the salary go up every year on your scheme?
Student2019545
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hello there,

I'm wondering whether the programme requires a degree of a 2:1 or above?

Thanks
trickytricky
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Kiera_James)
They tried to send me an invitation twice and it never arrived - I checked my spam, no dice. So they had to add me manually and send me my login details. I would email Capita and Scottish Gov to let them know because last I heard they're not extending the tuesday deadline for peope like me who only got access on Friday. But if you don't get access till Monday maybe they will extend it for you?

Same happened to me, finally got it Friday afternoon but it had to be sent manually as well. Have you guys done the SJT yet? How hard / tricky did you find it?
Last edited by trickytricky; 3 months ago
Kelly54321
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Oh boy - my plan was do to this test this afternoon, and just realised I'm the same boat as a few of you - the test invite never arrived (not in my junk folder either)! I've got a huge deadline on Tuesday, so my mind's been pre-occupied - hopefully they're able to reply to my email quickly so I can make the test in time!

Tricky and Keira - did you only email them, or give them a ring as well?

Thanks!
(Original post by trickytricky)
Same happened to me, finally got it Friday afternoon but it had to be sent manually as well. Have you guys done the SJT yet? How hard / tricky did you find it?
trickytricky
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Kelly54321)
Oh boy - my plan was do to this test this afternoon, and just realised I'm the same boat as a few of you - the test invite never arrived (not in my junk folder either)! I've got a huge deadline on Tuesday, so my mind's been pre-occupied - hopefully they're able to reply to my email quickly so I can make the test in time!

Tricky and Keira - did you only email them, or give them a ring as well?

Thanks!
Just emailed, they were pretty quick to get back to me. Good luck, hopefully you get a response in time!
username4211040
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I emailed Capita yesterday for the invite to be resent - have still not heard back. Also emailed Scot Gov, I guess will just have to wait until business hours tomorrow.
stxq
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
hey guys do you receive a confirmation email after submitting the SJT? or there's no email being sent out? cheers
objectpermanence
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
"The deadline to complete the assessment is now 12 Noon on the 14th of March 2019."

From the latest email from capita
Kiera_James
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
I didn’t get that email but someone from the Scottish govt let me know after I pointed out I didn’t get access till Friday.
Cm1994
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hey, Thanks for all this great information. I have a more general question. I was wondering what career structure is in place? Graham you said you're in your second year (and by the way your work sounds so interesting!), what do you hope to do in the next few years ? What have other graduates done upon completion of the graduate scheme ? Any info / advice would appreciated !Claire
G-Mac
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Cm1994)
Hey, Thanks for all this great information. I have a more general question. I was wondering what career structure is in place? Graham you said you're in your second year (and by the way your work sounds so interesting!), what do you hope to do in the next few years ? What have other graduates done upon completion of the graduate scheme ? Any info / advice would appreciated !Claire
Hi Claire,

The SG graduate progamme is relatively new and at this point no group has finished the full 4 years (it's run every two years, so the first cohort are in their final year).

In terms of career progression, the intention of the pogramme is to get you into a C1 grade role. This would put you at a team leader level, you would normally have responsibility for a policy/operational area and several staff reporting to you. There's quite a bit of variety at C1 level, so you could really move into any area you wanted to.

I still have a few more years left on the programme and unfortunately I don't get to choose where my placements are. I've always had an interest in IT and there's a few cyber security teams within the Scottish Government that I would like to work with. I always try to keep an open mind about where I'm posted as sometimes the areas you think aren't very interesting can turn out to be really good. I really enjoyed my time in Chief Nursing Officer's Directorate despite having no real interest in health policy.

Cheers,

Graham
G-Mac
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Kiera_James)
Does the salary go up every year on your scheme?
Yes, there's an annual salary increase though I don't have the exact numbers to hand for each of the salary steps.

Thanks,

Graham
G-Mac
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Student2019545)
Hello there,

I'm wondering whether the programme requires a degree of a 2:1 or above?

Thanks
Hi,

There's no requirement to have a 2:1 degree or above to get onto the programme. As long as you have a recognised degree (or equivelant) by July 2019 then you would be eligible to join.

Thanks,

Graham
cherrywaver
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Does anyone know how many people pass through each stage of the tests? Thanks
J-Dash25
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi,

We are not fully sure for the online test stages, but I am pretty sure around 200 or so applicants made it through the assessment centre stage in our year

Many thanks,

Jason
(Original post by cherrywaver)
Does anyone know how many people pass through each stage of the tests? Thanks
ArnoldK
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by J-Dash25)
Hi,

We are not fully sure for the online test stages, but I am pretty sure around 200 or so applicants made it through the assessment centre stage in our year

Many thanks,

Jason
200!!

Roughly, how many positions are available?
ToastMonkey
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Sooo do we think the results will come out today or is it a case of taking Capita's time lines with a kilo of salt?
Newfie12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hopefully we do get the results today and can get the links quickly for the next stage!
(Original post by ToastMonkey)
Sooo do we think the results will come out today or is it a case of taking Capita's time lines with a kilo of salt?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (51)
22.27%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (78)
34.06%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (48)
20.96%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (20)
8.73%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (32)
13.97%

Watched Threads