Driving test was cancelled due to the weather, what can i do? Watch

Jake1999
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I booked my practical driving test in mid-November and have had to wait 2 and a half months until today to do my test. I did an hour lesson today and went into the test center feeling very confident I would pass, but then a man told me that all tests were cancelled for the day due to the weather (which wasn't even that bad; there was some fog but it didn't affect my driving at all in the lesson). I've just checked my test details online and it's saying my test isn't until the 3rd of April now, which has really annoyed me as i've already waited so long. I feel like i've wasted money for the lessons in the weeks building up to my test, and the hour lesson that i had before it. Is there anything i can do about this? Either to get compensation or bring my test date forward. I feel as though i should get priority because of this
Dez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Nope. You'll be refunded the test fee (or offered a free retest), that's it. The DVSA are not responsible for the weather.
xDron3
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Tough luck, you can ask if there's a closer date or get a full refund.
Paralove
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Keep checking online each day to see if an earlier slot comes up - people cancel and rearrange all the time.
StriderHort
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Nah, it's crap luck, but back in the queue with everyone else and keep checking for cancellations. No chance of compo since they've cancelled for safety reasons.
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Jake1999)
I booked my practical driving test in mid-November and have had to wait 2 and a half months until today to do my test. I did an hour lesson today and went into the test center feeling very confident I would pass, but then a man told me that all tests were cancelled for the day due to the weather (which wasn't even that bad; there was some fog but it didn't affect my driving at all in the lesson). I've just checked my test details online and it's saying my test isn't until the 3rd of April now, which has really annoyed me as i've already waited so long. I feel like i've wasted money for the lessons in the weeks building up to my test, and the hour lesson that i had before it. Is there anything i can do about this? Either to get compensation or bring my test date forward. I feel as though i should get priority because of this
Stop being a snowflake - these things happen
SarahBarber
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's just going to be a free retest, most likely. No chance you'll get a refund on lessons. It's not a waste anyway, you still did some learning in those lessons!
Bubblylibra
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Download “Testi” on your phone and look out for cancellations! I recommend upgrading to premium as you will get notifications straight away.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Cleverboy1991
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SarahBarber)
It's just going to be a free retest, most likely. No chance you'll get a refund on lessons. It's not a waste anyway, you still did some learning in those lessons!
how is it a free re test ? He paid for a test that he hasn't yet taken
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Cleverboy1991)
how is it a free re test ? He paid for a test that he hasn't yet taken
He won't have to pay for the new test - the fee is carried forward.
Cleverboy1991
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Muttley79)
He won't have to pay for the new test - the fee is carried forward.
Exactly, so it is not a free re test. It is a test he will be taking for the first time that he had PAID for months earlier
Muttley79
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Exactly, so it is not a free re test. It is a test he will be taking for the first time that he had PAID for months earlier
I think it was perfectly clear that was what the poster meant ...
xDron3
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Pick your battles pal, this ain't one of them.
Jake1999
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I managed to bring it down to the 25th March and then the 12th March via cancellations. I'm just going to keep checking for more every few hours. Does anyone know if those cancellation websites actually work? I heard somewhere that they're a scam so I've just been doing it manually.
Bubblylibra
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Jake1999)
I managed to bring it down to the 25th March and then the 12th March via cancellations. I'm just going to keep checking for more every few hours. Does anyone know if those cancellation websites actually work? I heard somewhere that they're a scam so I've just been doing it manually.
Like I wrote above, the app 'Testi' is legit. I used it (unfortunately) a couple of times and it always worked without any problems. Also, I am sure you can only reschedule around 5 times, so don't go super crazy.
Emma:-)
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Paralove)
Keep checking online each day to see if an earlier slot comes up - people cancel and rearrange all the time.
I agree.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (238)
59.5%
No (162)
40.5%

Watched Threads