Architect Watch

Megs_261
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
HI im in 8 gradei wanted to know if i am in IGCSE what subjects do i have to take for architecture. i asked my teachers and they said commerce, but i wanted to know what are the sub subjects for commerce.Thanks please responde asap
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Megs_261)
HI im in 8 gradei wanted to know if i am in IGCSE what subjects do i have to take for architecture. i asked my teachers and they said commerce, but i wanted to know what are the sub subjects for commerce.Thanks please responde asap
If you want to be an architect then at gcse level you would develop a good broad background in the required skills if you include most of these
Maths and English
A creative subject eg Art or Photography or design
Science particularly physics
History
Geography
Economics or business wouldn’t hurt
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Megs_261
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thanks for replying,
But i wanted to know, what are commerce sub subjects? and if i take commerce can i take physics only, as a science subject?
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Thanks for replying,
But i wanted to know, what are commerce sub subjects? and if i take commerce can i take physics only, as a science subject?
You would have to ask your school that.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Ravensbourne
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi Megs_261
It's great that you are thinking about this already. I would suggest doing a broad range of courses and ones that you enjoy doing. With a lot of the BA Architecture courses they will want to see a portfolio of work during your interview so I would suggest aiming for something that will help you build a portfolio. Underneath commerce I am not sure what subjects those are it would be good to talk to your school about that. Apart from your GCSE and A-Levels interviewers will also be on the lookout for your knowledge within the industry so think about designers and go to galleries or just look at buildings.

As for University courses Ravensbourne offers a BA Architecture course as well as a BA Interior Design Environment Architectures, and BA Urban Landscape Architecture. They all work closely together and look into the technical side as well as how it should be designed to improve the space we live in. If you want to know more about the courses and the industry opportunity within them I would recommend coming to an open day. During the open day you will also be able to go to a portfolio workshop to meet someone and talk about what should be in your portfolio.

We also offer summer school for Architecture if you are in the London area and want to see how the course will be like as well as a chance to experience the building.

I hope this has helped and if you have more questions please feel free to ask.

Row
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (81)
14.16%
Yes - a food allergy (60)
10.49%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (15)
2.62%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (15)
2.62%
No (401)
70.1%

Watched Threads