The Student Room Group

Courses in clearing last year

Hi, does anyone know where I can find what courses were in clearing/extra last year, specifically nursing
most unis have a clearing page on their site which lists what courses are available! i think theres also a clearing app that shows them
Reply 2
Original post by emilylgr
Hi, does anyone know where I can find what courses were in clearing/extra last year, specifically nursing

Unfortunately you can't. For previous years the main list was published in the Daily Telegraph each results day. That stopped last year, but if you go to your local library and ask for the old Daily Telegraphs it will give you a fair idea of which courses/universities are likely to be in clearing.

Also, just because a particular course at a particular university was in clearing last year (or the year before) doesn't guarantee it will be this year.

The short answer is many courses at many universities do indeed appear in clearing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3

Here's a snapshot list for Nursing in Clearing 2017 via the ever useful wayback machine archive:

https://web.archive.org/web/20170926184605/http://clearing.telegraph.co.uk:80/SearchResults.aspx?Course=308
Reply 4
Original post by Doonesbury
Here's a snapshot list for Nursing in Clearing 2017 via the ever useful wayback machine archive:

https://web.archive.org/web/20170926184605/http://clearing.telegraph.co.uk:80/SearchResults.aspx?Course=308

Thank you, this is very helpful! I don’t really know much about clearing and ucas extra, do you think there will be more spaces available for more courses through extra than clearing?
Reply 5
Thank you, this is very helpful! I don’t really know much about clearing and ucas extra, do you think there will be more spaces available for more courses through extra than clearing?

Well Extra is before Clearing so in theory courses could fill up any empty places during Extra. But then Clearing can also open more places back up if offer holders miss their requirements and those place then go into clearing.

Have you already applied? If not you can just check if any universities still have places now and simply apply without waiting for Extra, or Clearing.

Edit: these courses are currently still open*
https://digital.ucas.com/search/results?SearchText=Nursing&SubjectText=&ProviderText=&AutoSuggestType=&SearchType=&SortOrder=ProviderAtoZ&AcademicYearId=2019&ClearingOptOut=False&vacancy-rb=rbb&filters=Vacancy_eng&filters=Destination_Undergraduate&UcasTariffPointsMin=0&UcasTariffPointsMax=144%2B&ProviderText=&SubjectText=&DistanceFromPostcode=1mi&RegionDistancePostcode=&CurrentView=Provider&__RequestVerificationToken=liQfOIXjel88B4PJzicHYcowoEho-3zaGGN3nyoIAVipIbZVPYIcmqf0zZ8LT19zMQT1qt00dw0pVG-KUDf3UbbGSazrXML_omF_56jA_EU1

But contact any universities to check first before applying.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 6
I have, yes. I’ve applied for midwifery and am still waiting to hear back from swansea and South Wales but I’ve realised I’d actually really like to do children’s nursing or learning disability nursing (mostly children’s nursing). Neither of those two seem to have the courses open which is disappointing because I would love to go to South Wales but there are other options. I’m not really sure what to do, what do you suggest doing? I don’t really know how to go about applying when I have already applied, and school isn’t much help with ucas info
Reply 7
Forgot to add, Cardiff is still on there and that was my dream uni but they rejected me for midwifery, is there still a chance of applying here? Sorry for all the questions, I haven’t got a clue about any of this stuff
Reply 8
I have, yes. I’ve applied for midwifery and am still waiting to hear back from swansea and South Wales but I’ve realised I’d actually really like to do children’s nursing or learning disability nursing (mostly children’s nursing). Neither of those two seem to have the courses open which is disappointing because I would love to go to South Wales but there are other options. I’m not really sure what to do, what do you suggest doing? I don’t really know how to go about applying when I have already applied, and school isn’t much help with ucas info

Contact USW and ask them :smile:

Forgot to add, Cardiff is still on there and that was my dream uni but they rejected me for midwifery, is there still a chance of applying here? Sorry for all the questions, I haven’t got a clue about any of this stuff

Again, contact Cardiff and ask. The worst they will do is say no again :smile:

Good luck!
Reply 9
Again, contact Cardiff and ask. The worst they will do is say no again :smile:

Good luck!

Thank you so much for your help! I’m not really sure what to ask, do I just ask if it’s possible to apply for another course through them? I didn’t know it was possible to do that when I’ve already applied for all 5 choices
Reply 10
Thank you so much for your help! I’m not really sure what to ask, do I just ask if it’s possible to apply for another course through them? I didn’t know it was possible to do that when I’ve already applied for all 5 choices

For USW and Swansea you are asking if you can change your course choice to Nursing. Just be straightforward and say you've had a change of mind about your preferred course.

For Cardiff you would be trying your luck :wink:
Reply 11
For USW and Swansea you are asking if you can change your course choice to Nursing. Just be straightforward and say you've had a change of mind about your preferred course.

For Cardiff you would be trying your luck :wink:

Ahhh I see, I will ring tomorrow and ask! Cardiff, I’m not sure because they’ve already rejected me so I don’t know what I’d say😂 I’m interested in uwe, my cousin is studying nursing there so I guess I can find out about that too. Again, thank you so much, you’ve really helped!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending