Tui assessment day run through

Watch this thread
Jackneale53
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hey guys! So this is a runthrough the dayC assuming they haven’t changed it since 2018, good luck to every one of you!

So this only judging it if the day is EXACTLY as mine was but my guess is it will be

First of all, they tell you to go into a waiting room which gives you time to meet everyone, I promise everyone is so friendly and is in the exact same position/nervousness as you, so get chatting to them, people are so friendly, and the more you talk to people, the more comfortable you will feel doing the presentation.

Then they will call you into a room, there are 4 of them, for me there was 3 guys and 1 girl judging us, they were all nice however one guy was really muscly which some people said intimidated them, but don’t be! He’s such a nice guy 😄

They will then tell you a little bit about themselves and the company, you don’t really have to remember any of the information so don’t be nervous that they’re going to test you on any of it etc!

Then the first involvement they get you to do, is you introduce yourself to the whole room, and you have to tell them how you are TRUSTWORTHY, UNIQUE, and INSPIRING. So give examples of your past jobs, your ambition to strive high maybe etc.

After this they split us into three groups (there was about 25 of us overall) and we did the presentations. So for the presentation, they are looking for confidence, so on your journey their, keep saying it out loud, make sure the features and benefits are helpful for the guests, and make eye contact with the people listening. I did a PowerPoint and had it in the background with 3 pictures and naming the 3 benefits so I could point to it every now and then, but don’t worry most people had literally nothing. Just be vocal, interactive and confident.

You are then given a piece of paper which has 12 problems on it, you have to rank the problems independently on a list of 1-12 of how urgent they are, after this you are then put into a group of around 6/7 and have to come up with a grouped ranking, so discuss your options etc, my advice here is take leadership however don’t be too pushy (which was my problem), get everyone involved, so if someone’s being quiet, ask for their opinion, it would look amazing!

After this you are sent out for lunch, this was like one hour, but it went quite quick, when you get back they split you into two groups, one group they send home and the other they keep on for the rest of the day, you can normally tell who’s going home by who did badly in the presentations earlier, so just hope you’re not in that group!

Then if you are successful, they tell you more about the company and the day to day life as a travel rep, which is actually really informative.

Then after this you do two roleplays:
1. The first one you have to greet a customer who didn’t come to your welcome meeting the day before (e.g. your presentation) and you have to make them feel welcome, feel comfortable and make conversation, then you tell them about the excursion you sold earlier, but because it’s on a one to one basis, I recommend not going straight into it and making convo beforehand, but again, be confident, stay focused on what you are selling, I was told I talked too much about the turtles in my excursion than the actual excursion itself. They will then probably ask you something which may be a problem to try and throw you off, this is just to test your on the spot skills.
2. The second roleplay, you have to deal with an angry customer who has a complaint, you get given two complaints beforehand and the customer is one of those two people, so you have time to think of solutions to fix it etc, my advice here would be don’t be nervous, which was my problem, think of a viable compensation, and also offer a follow up with the customer afterwards, you will probably be able to talk to other people in the assessment day to see how they’d deal with the complaint, you all help each other out throughout the day.

Then finally, you will have your one to one interview, they ask eight questions I will try and list them to see if I can remember
•When have you gone above and beyond/achieved something in a fast period of time
•when have you under achieved and if so how did you overcome this
•how do you work well in teams
• how would you work well independently

And unfortunately that’s all I can remember, but they are generally basic interview questions

Then everyone I know heard back in the next day or so. But they said it can take up to 3 days.

And I doubt anyone is, but if anyone is wondering I then went on to become a kids club rep for the same company and am on my way to Cyprus this year Just come back from tenerife
Kozete
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
I couldn’t do the Assessment day so I’ll make an Interview one to one.. i hope they will ask the same things as well because I’m a bit scared.. it will last an hour and they will just make a question to me.. if you remind any other question please text me back 😊 it will be veey helpfull 😊
(Original post by Jackneale53)
Hey guys! So this is a runthrough the dayC assuming they haven’t changed it since 2018, good luck to every one of you!

So this only judging it if the day is EXACTLY as mine was but my guess is it will be

First of all, they tell you to go into a waiting room which gives you time to meet everyone, I promise everyone is so friendly and is in the exact same position/nervousness as you, so get chatting to them, people are so friendly, and the more you talk to people, the more comfortable you will feel doing the presentation.

Then they will call you into a room, there are 4 of them, for me there was 3 guys and 1 girl judging us, they were all nice however one guy was really muscly which some people said intimidated them, but don’t be! He’s such a nice guy 😄

They will then tell you a little bit about themselves and the company, you don’t really have to remember any of the information so don’t be nervous that they’re going to test you on any of it etc!

Then the first involvement they get you to do, is you introduce yourself to the whole room, and you have to tell them how you are TRUSTWORTHY, UNIQUE, and INSPIRING. So give examples of your past jobs, your ambition to strive high maybe etc.

After this they split us into three groups (there was about 25 of us overall) and we did the presentations. So for the presentation, they are looking for confidence, so on your journey their, keep saying it out loud, make sure the features and benefits are helpful for the guests, and make eye contact with the people listening. I did a PowerPoint and had it in the background with 3 pictures and naming the 3 benefits so I could point to it every now and then, but don’t worry most people had literally nothing. Just be vocal, interactive and confident.

You are then given a piece of paper which has 12 problems on it, you have to rank the problems independently on a list of 1-12 of how urgent they are, after this you are then put into a group of around 6/7 and have to come up with a grouped ranking, so discuss your options etc, my advice here is take leadership however don’t be too pushy (which was my problem), get everyone involved, so if someone’s being quiet, ask for their opinion, it would look amazing!

After this you are sent out for lunch, this was like one hour, but it went quite quick, when you get back they split you into two groups, one group they send home and the other they keep on for the rest of the day, you can normally tell who’s going home by who did badly in the presentations earlier, so just hope you’re not in that group!

Then if you are successful, they tell you more about the company and the day to day life as a travel rep, which is actually really informative.

Then after this you do two roleplays:
1. The first one you have to greet a customer who didn’t come to your welcome meeting the day before (e.g. your presentation) and you have to make them feel welcome, feel comfortable and make conversation, then you tell them about the excursion you sold earlier, but because it’s on a one to one basis, I recommend not going straight into it and making convo beforehand, but again, be confident, stay focused on what you are selling, I was told I talked too much about the turtles in my excursion than the actual excursion itself. They will then probably ask you something which may be a problem to try and throw you off, this is just to test your on the spot skills.
2. The second roleplay, you have to deal with an angry customer who has a complaint, you get given two complaints beforehand and the customer is one of those two people, so you have time to think of solutions to fix it etc, my advice here would be don’t be nervous, which was my problem, think of a viable compensation, and also offer a follow up with the customer afterwards, you will probably be able to talk to other people in the assessment day to see how they’d deal with the complaint, you all help each other out throughout the day.

Then finally, you will have your one to one interview, they ask eight questions I will try and list them to see if I can remember
•When have you gone above and beyond/achieved something in a fast period of time
•when have you under achieved and if so how did you overcome this
•how do you work well in teams
• how would you work well independently

And unfortunately that’s all I can remember, but they are generally basic interview questions

Then everyone I know heard back in the next day or so. But they said it can take up to 3 days.

And I doubt anyone is, but if anyone is wondering I then went on to become a kids club rep for the same company and am on my way to Cyprus this year Just come back from tenerife
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (61)
15.76%
The paper was reasonable (190)
49.1%
Not feeling great about that exam... (97)
25.06%
It was TERRIBLE (39)
10.08%

Watched Threads