ThePositivePanda
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I know that a lot of the 6th forms do AQA Psychology, but my 6th form does OCR, and it seems that not very many people do OCR in psychology.

Does anyone do OCR Psychology and give a few opinions on it: topics, workload, are the topics interesting, etc.
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
EllaB26
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I do Ocr Psychology, it’s hard as theres so much to remember - but i think all specs are like that. In component 3 i do criminology and sport, they’re both interesting. Workload depends on your sixth form or tutor as some may give a lot of homework and others not so much, in my opinion it’s just important to write your own notes in your own time, which makes the content easier for you to remember! It’s also useful to complete past papers and exam questions.
username2703565
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I do OCR psychology, I agree not many people do it! Theres soooo much to know its a joke
bettyw27
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ThePositivePanda)
I know that a lot of the 6th forms do AQA Psychology, but my 6th form does OCR, and it seems that not very many people do OCR in psychology.

Does anyone do OCR Psychology and give a few opinions on it: topics, workload, are the im topics interesting, etc.
I'm in year 13 and want to study psychology at uni so I'm trying to do really well in the mocks next week but I agree-there is a LOT to learn and very little help online, regarding past papers etc. All of the ones bar one that I have found on OCR website are the old spec so have different studies. My teachers give very little support as well
username2703565
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Completely agree! I’ve noticed the grade boundaries for most papers is like 60% for an A so a lot of People must be struggling !
EllaB26
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got an A in my research methods paper, the key is to write a lot for the 15 marker and 6 markers. (Obviously make sure it’s relevan’t). Also nail the mutiple choice - i got like 18/10.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (620)
33.68%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (775)
42.1%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (364)
19.77%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (82)
4.45%

Watched Threads