jpSoc
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi, I have been made offers from the University of Huddersfield for Bsc Psychology, Bsc Psychology with Counselling, Sociology with Psychology and Behavioural Sciences and I just wanted some reviews from anyone currently studying these degree courses.
TSR_Ollie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi - sorry you haven't had a response to this yet. I'm just going to bump the thread in the hope that someone sees this and can help

Why do I do this?

The Universities forums get a lot of questions that are unanswered. This is often because the OP's thread got missed - bumping threads gives them another lease of life and frequently results in someone seeing it and being able to respond

If you would like to help with unanswered questions check out the first part of the list here and don't forget the second part of the list here.

Or if you have questions, get in touch with Puddles the Monkey.
University of Huddersfield
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by jpSoc)
Hi, I have been made offers from the University of Huddersfield for Bsc Psychology, Bsc Psychology with Counselling, Sociology with Psychology and Behavioural Sciences and I just wanted some reviews from anyone currently studying these degree courses.
Hi jpSoc

Congratulations on all your offers!

I’ve asked Rachel, one of our Psychology second year studentss to share a little bit about her experience of the course.

She’s said: ‘I just do Psychology on its own and I really enjoy it, the topics we tend to cover range from; developmental psychology (learning about childhood), research methods/data analysis and statistics, social psychology, cognitive and biological psychology and in the second year you do those 4 core modules again (but in more detail) and you also get to pick two optional modules (so this year I’m also studying health psychology and the psychology of victimisation and survivorship).

The things I love about the course:
- I love how interesting my modules are, obviously different people enjoy different things but social psychology, health psychology and biopsychology are probably my favourites
- I love how some lectures are fun and engaging, just recently I’ve had a lecture on perception (a topic in cognitive psychology) and my lecturer changed his shirt without any of the 200 students who take psychology even noticing!
- Psychology in general is just really interesting to know about as it can be applied to pretty much every real-world situation

Why I chose the course:
- I initially started to like Psychology when I picked it at A-Level, and it only confirmed to me that this was something I was good at when my teacher really praised me for my essays and I found that it was something I could quite easily understand compared to my other A-Level topics
- I knew at the end of A-Level that I wanted to do Psychology at University and I’m so happy that I picked the course that was right for me, even in my second year I’m still so happy that I’m still enjoying my course so much!’

I hope this helps. Have you been to an Applicant Day yet? They give you a great oppurtunity to talk and ask questions to tutors and current students about the different courses you’ve applied for. It’s also a great way to experience the university and get a feel for student life here.

If you have any more questions please feel free to email us at [email protected]

We’ll look forward to seeing you soon.
Harriette
jpSoc
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by University of Huddersfield)Hi jpSoc

I’ve asked Rachel, one of our Psychology second year studentss to share a little bit about her experience of the course.

She’s said: ‘I just do Psychology on its own and I really enjoy it, the topics we tend to cover range from; developmental psychology (learning about childhood), research methods/data analysis and statistics, social psychology, cognitive and biological psychology and in the second year you do those 4 core modules again (but in more detail) and you also get to pick two optional modules (so this year I’m also studying health psychology and the psychology of victimisation and survivorship).

- I love how interesting my modules are, obviously different people enjoy different things but social psychology, health psychology and biopsychology are probably my favourites
- I love how some lectures are fun and engaging, just recently I’ve had a lecture on perception (a topic in cognitive psychology) and my lecturer changed his shirt without any of the 200 students who take psychology even noticing!
- Psychology in general is just really interesting to know about as it can be applied to pretty much every real-world situation

Why I chose the course:
- I initially started to like Psychology when I picked it at A-Level, and it only confirmed to me that this was something I was good at when my teacher really praised me for my essays and I found that it was something I could quite easily understand compared to my other A-Level topics
- I knew at the end of A-Level that I wanted to do Psychology at University and I’m so happy that I picked the course that was right for me, even in my second year I’m still so happy that I’m still enjoying my course so much!’

I hope this helps. Have you been to an Applicant Day yet? They give you a great oppurtunity to talk and ask questions to tutors and current students about the different courses you’ve applied for. It’s also a great way to experience the university and get a feel for student life here.

If you have any more questions please feel free to email us at [email protected]

Harriette

Hi Harriette,

Thank you for your reply,

I will be at the applicant day next week 20/02/19, I'm really looking forward to it!
University of Huddersfield
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by jpSoc)
(Original post by University of Huddersfield)Hi jpSoc

Why I chose the course:

Harriette

Hi Harriette,

Thank you for your reply,

I will be at the applicant day next week 20/02/19, I'm really looking forward to it!
Hi jpSoc
Brilliant, we'll look forward to having you!
Make sure you ask lots of questions and explore campus, accommodations and Huddersfield whilst you're here! There's lots to do!
See you on Wednesday!
Speak soon,
Harriette
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Huddersfield
    All schools Undergraduate
    Wed, 6 Nov '19
  • University of Huddersfield
    All schools Undergraduate
    Fri, 29 Nov '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (77)
23.4%
No (252)
76.6%

Watched Threads