StormyOcean
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Will put spoiler as eating disorder related

Spoiler:
Show

The past few weeks my binge eating has got really bad again. It is at the point where I am eating an entire cake that serves 6 right now and I feel disgusting. Because tomorrow is the start of a new month I want to try and change but want some advice. Any tips you have for stopping binging for good would really help. Most of mine is caused by other MH issues making me feel bad. Eating makes me feel good etc.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
Limit what you eat. Every time you feel hungry ask yourself if you want an apple. If the answer is no then you are probably just bored.

Change to healthier food ish. You don’t have to go wild on veg and fruit but swap some cake for rice crackers.

Try foods that fill you up after only eating a little. Use Google.

Start exercising it makes you happy.

Try meditation and mindfulness.

Good luck!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
12aissid
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Are you receiving help for your other MH issues?
StormyOcean
Rep:
?
(Original post by 12aissid)
Are you receiving help for your other MH issues?
Not yet but have initial appointments they just aren’t for a while
TheJohnM
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I have the same problem. The issue? Nobody takes it seriously because im the perfect weight. :/
Vinny C
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Tuna and rice works for me... fills you up but little weight gain. Plus.... is very healthy.
Last edited by Vinny C; 2 weeks ago
StormyOcean
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheJohnM)
I have the same problem. The issue? Nobody takes it seriously because im the perfect weight. :/
I get what you mean. I also find people don't take it seriously as they just think that you mean that you ate a few too many cookies one night. At my worst I could eat 5 donuts, 5 brownies and more in one sitting yet nothing would stop the urge to eat
chooseanother
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Drink water! Do that every time you get the urge to binge because it’ll fill you up and it’s zero calories. Also dehydration can increase feelings of hunger sometimes too.
Pathway
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
When will you be seeing someone for your mental health? Do they know you struggle with binge eating?
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by StormyOcean)
I get what you mean. I also find people don't take it seriously as they just think that you mean that you ate a few too many cookies one night. At my worst I could eat 5 donuts, 5 brownies and more in one sitting yet nothing would stop the urge to eat
Choose your munchies more selectively. Tuna, rice and a pint of water. Can't eat doughnuts if already full... simples.
Last edited by Vinny C; 2 weeks ago
Decahedron
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I will share this with you as I can't offer you my unhealthy solutions.
batter mix
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
GET A NEW HOBBY!

Honestly, I had the same problem and I tried everything. Drinking water, negotiating with myself, asking myself if I am hungry, rationalising and other mindful techniques. It was all bs. At the end, I would be like f*** it and just binge eat.

Then I changed my lifestyle. Started going out more. Started studying in the library instead of at home. Started watching netflix with friends so I wouldn't eat by myself. and started taking dance and piano classes. Once I got myself busy, things changed for the better. So my advice from personal experience would be: GET BUSY and don't be alone for too long. Good luck!
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by batter mix)
GET A NEW HOBBY!

Honestly, I had the same problem and I tried everything. Drinking water, negotiating with myself, asking myself if I am hungry, rationalising and other mindful techniques. It was all bs. At the end, I would be like f*** it and just binge eat.

Then I changed my lifestyle. Started going out more. Started studying in the library instead of at home. Started watching netflix with friends so I wouldn't eat by myself. and started taking dance and piano classes. Once I got myself busy, things changed for the better. So my advice from personal experience would be: GET BUSY and don't be alone for too long. Good luck!
Agreed... plus tuna and rice is very yummy. More so than doughnuts!
batter mix
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Vinny C What's with you and tuna and rice? Is this some kind of weird obsession I am not getting?
batter mix
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
also, I turned vegan, so that helped a lot. Can't find many processed vegan foods and too lazy to cook.

Please dont @ me for being vegan.
TheJohnM
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by StormyOcean)
You’re weak!

Try:

2 full tubs of Ben and Jerry’s cookie dough
6 chocolate kinder bueons
Big bar of chocolate galaxy
6 packs of prawn cocktail crisps

...this was at my worst btw. I would eat all that in less than 1 hour
StormyOcean
Rep:
?
(Original post by TheJohnM)
You’re weak!

Try:

2 full tubs of Ben and Jerry’s cookie dough
6 chocolate kinder bueons
Big bar of chocolate galaxy
6 packs of prawn cocktail crisps

...this was at my worst btw. I would eat all that in less than 1 hour
I m glad I am not alone. hope you are doing better now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (213)
60%
No (142)
40%

Watched Threads