Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi,

I really need advice. I heard a junior surgical trainee hs slept with two consultants to further her career. I thought this was rumours but there was proof on fb. Both of these consultants are married. I need advice on if this breaks ethics/ work code as a doctor and what can be done. Further more this trainee brags all the operations she has done in a short space because they always ask for her and it makes sense
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Real life proper SJT material!

Whistleblower anonymous disclosure?

The evidence has to be very convincing though. There's also your own career to think about
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
call GMC and ask for advice
greenapples2
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
Meredith Grey? :lolwut:
Briandeanh
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
call GMC and ask for advice
When you say there "was proof on facebook" firstly what was that proof? I assume its not a video of them sleeping together? Also you say "was" is this no longer there?

It's a serious accusation so you really need to make sure that you have good evidence or an absolute certainty it's true. Without sufficient proof people are likely to make assumptions about your motives. But if it's true then it's an abuse of their position and there are heavy penalties for that
eez
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
throw her under the ****ing bus - deserves to be labeled a sket
Anonymous #3
Report 3 years ago
You can’t prove her motivation in sleeping with her colleagues and even then the GMC doesn’t have pre-approved motivations for sex. Whilst distasteful, it’s not anyone else’s business. Having said that, if there is real proof that other people are missing out on training opportunities unreasonably then that is something to report. But I’d think very carefully about what actual proof you have that something really inappropriate is going on. Sleeping with the consultant isn’t unethical in and of itself.
Helenia
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi,

I really need advice. I heard a junior surgical trainee hs slept with two consultants to further her career. I thought this was rumours but there was proof on fb. Both of these consultants are married. I need advice on if this breaks ethics/ work code as a doctor and what can be done. Further more this trainee brags all the operations she has done in a short space because they always ask for her and it makes sense
Sleeping with married colleagues, no matter what grade, is morally reprehensible, but a)it takes two to tango, and arguably the boss in the position of power is more in the wrong, and b)if it doesn't impact on her work I don't think it is anything the GMC would be too interested in.

If she's using her connection to the bosses to unfairly disadvantage others, or spend more time in theatres at the expense of her patients on the ward, that's more dubious, but I'm not sure how the best way to tackle it would be, especially if there isn't hard evidence. Discuss with your ES semi-anonymously, perhaps?
nexttime
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Facebook's censoring failing again is it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
27.63%
As I expected (23)
30.26%
Harder (28)
36.84%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.26%

Watched Threads