(Original post by paul514)
Services being free like goods are is not part of the EU.
It’s simple fact.
If it is simple fact explain why rather than making bold assertions.
How does our leaving the EU impact Services and why does our leaving impact services, where are cross border services covered if not as part of the Single Market
Here is one close to home example, one of my clients (my brother in law) has a company that sells services into the EU as a Qualified Person (pharma industry), it is about 75% of the turnover, the other 25% being into the UK. He may even provide the service in countries outside the EU re drugs destined for the EU (Australia has been one such), he can do this as his degrees, membership of various UK institutions and bodies etc are cross border recognised into the EU marketplace, his PI cover and his PL cover are cross border recognised. For a batch of drugs to say be released from a factory in the EU (and UK) for the EU marketplace a QP (Qualified Person) requires to sign them out, in effect this process is akin to auditing their production, without cross border recognition , as part of the Single Market, this service cannot be done
see recent update below dated yesterday advising pharmas in the EU what they require to do re a No Deal Brexit.
"Practical guidance for procedures related to Brexit for
medicinal products for human and veterinary use within
the framework of the centralised procedure
This practical guidance complements:
• Notice to stakeholders – withdrawal of the United Kingdom and EU rules for medicinal
products for human use and veterinary medicinal products, and
• The list of Questions and Answers (Q&As) related to the United Kingdom's withdrawal from the
European Union with regard to the medicinal products for human and veterinary use within the
framework of the Centralised Procedure.
These documents have been drafted jointly by the European Commission and EMA and are available on
the EMA website.
The below Practical Guidance addresses the situation where the United Kingdom becomes a third
country on 30 March 2019 (“the withdrawal date”) without a withdrawal agreement and hence without
a transition period provided for in the draft Withdrawal Agreement"
"6. How do I submit changes to Qualified Person for
Pharmacovigilance (QPPV) and/or changes in the
Pharmacovigilance Master File (PSMF) location? (for
medicines for human use)
According to EU pharmaceutical legislation the QPPV must reside and carry out his/her tasks in an EEA
Member State; and the PSMF also must be located within EEA.
For medicinal products for Human use, changes to the summary of the pharmacovigilance system i.e.
changes in QPPV (including contact details) and/or changes in the Pharmacovigilance Master File
(PSMF) location are to be notified to the authorities through the Article 57 database only without the
need for a variation. MAHs are therefore not required to notify EMA of changes to the QPPV or PSMF
location by submitting a variation.
Upon a change in the QPPV or location of the PMSF, the Article 57 database should be updated by the
MAH immediately to allow continuous supervision by the Competent Authorities.
Please also refer to Question: How to inform the authorities of a change in the summary of the
pharmacovigilance system? as published under the Pharmacovigilance system section of the PostAuthorisation Guidance.
Please also note that as part of a transfer application, an updated summary of the PSMF should be
provided in Module 1.8.1.
There is no fee to be paid for updates in Article 57 database."