The Student Room Group

Workout Routine to Lose Fat

Can anyone recommend a healthy diet plan and fitness plan I can undergo to lose a bit of fat.

I’m weighing 13 stone and although I’m fairly skinny I’ve recently being putting on a bit of weight in my belly from drinking.

I’m currently trying to only eat between 1000-1500 Calories a day and burn about 500 in the Gym by doing a 5km run and doing weight.

Is it true I will need to burn more calories in the gym then I’m eating to lose this?
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by JimmyNeu
Can anyone recommend a healthy diet plan and fitness plan I can undergo to lose a bit of fat.

I’m weighing 13 stone and although I’m fairly skinny I’ve recently being putting on a bit of weight in my belly from drinking.

I’m currently trying to only eat between 1000-1500 Calories a day and burn about 500 in the Gym by doing a 5km run and doing weight.

Is it true I will need to burn more calories in the gym then I’m eating to lose this?

Hey,

First of all don't worry about calories, maintaining a high metabolism makes it easier to burn fat. Its not about burning more than you eat, its impossible. I stick to 3 sqaure meals a day packed with plenty of protein, foods which are good for burning fat such as: eggs, fish, nuts etc. I avoid saturated fats and sugars. But never limit yourself, if you fancy a snack or an 'unhealthy' meal do it, its all about balance.

I've also found the best workouts for burning fat are HIIT workouts (High, Intensity, Interval, Training). I personally get bored of a tredmill so this is a great way to mix it up. Also it allows you to target particular areas of your body.

If you're looking for workouts try the FiiT app. I've just signed up for the premimum membership, its amazing! But you can get loads of free workouts and training plans. For a diet plan I follow Joe Wicks, his books offer an insight on what to eat on workout days and rest days to continously burn that fat.

Hope this helps,
Charlotte
For me now is also relevant drying in the gym. I work for wear, I run a lot so as not to damage the muscles, I use special accessories, more info here Good luck to all.
(edited 5 years ago)
This workout program involves both weights and running Opens a New Window. , but the emphasis here is on quick, increasingly difficult workouts of between 30 and 60 minutes. These workouts will help you rev up your metabolism Opens a New Window. and, when combined with improved nutrition, help you lose weight. Along the way, you’ll improve strength, mobility, stability, and overall endurance.(Indian workouts)
I also would like to know about this diet plan. Thanks for the updates.
If you are looking for weight loss then do the following exercises.
Squats are the most popular exercise to lose weight and get your low body in proper shape in no time.
Planks It burns belly fat. At the start, it won’t be easy, but it is worth it because it is the best Exercise to Lose Weight Fast.
Running is a great exercise to help you with weight loss.
Swimming for 60 minutes 3 times per week significantly reduced body fat, improved flexibility, and reduced several heart disease risk factors.
To improve fitness and reduce weight, cycling is the best exercise for obesity people.
Mountain climbers give strength to our body.
Pilates is a very friendly exercise to cut off the extra fat from your body without putting in much effort.
The most effective exercise to burn stomach fat is crunches. A healthy diet along with regular exercise plays an important role in losing weight. Here are the best exercises to lose weight are Jumping Rope, High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) , Low-intensity cardio, Running, Mountain climbers, Strength workouts, Bodyweight Workout etc. Yoga is also very important for our health and body. One can do regular yoga that helps to keep our mind and body calm.
Reply 7
Original post by David_Jack
The most effective exercise to burn stomach fat is crunches.

This is not true. You cannot spot reduce fat with any exercise. Exercises only stimulates the muscle under the fat to get stronger or grow.

Original post by JimmyNeu

You just need a calorie deficit. You don't need to burn more in the gym than you eat. You burn calories just to stay alive, called your basal metabolic rate. The energy from your basal matabolic rate, plus the energy you burn from movement (exercise and day to day tasks), just has to be greater than what you eat. So you can achieve that either by eating less or moving more, or a combination of both. HIIT is not necessary, but could be a good choice for you if you genuinely enjoy it. Any kind of exercise which you don't hate doing is the best for you, and that could even be walking more. All movement burns energy.

You can increase your basal metabolic rate by building more muscle with weight training. This takes many months to years of consistent training, but makes it easier for you to keep the fat off in the long term, since muscle tissue uses energy just to stay alive, so you could eat more.

Quick Reply

Latest