At this point the BBC is pure trash. Watch

DSilva
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by generallee)
The BBC becomes less and less relevant with each passing day. Its entertainment output no longer beats the competition, and its news services are so biased to one narrow worldview as to be terminally compromised for much of the population. (The coverage of Brexit has been a particularly egregious disaster as far as the seventeen and a half million Leave voters are concerned). It is desperate to attract younger viewers and listeners and readers as its older ones die, but what it offers is often embarrassingly cringeworthy in the world of the web.

Above all its funding model is archaic and not fit for purpose in the modern world. It has got fat and lazy and complacent with this guaranteed income.

But people are starting to not renew the licence fee. This is behind a paywall, but you might get a bit of the picture even so...

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/v...hold-fj3lfgk9c

Small numbers, for now, but telling. Unless the BBC renews itself for the modern age, and above all is true to its Charter vis a vis its news coverage, we are witnessing the beginning of a long slow decline, in my view, and since I despise the organisation so much I wouldn't pi$$ on it if it were on fire, the end (or rebirth into something worthwhile) can't come soon enough.
:yawn:
Occitanie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by DSilva)
Putting your blinkers on I see, why’s that, reality too hard to grasp?
SHallowvale
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
Could someone please tell me why there is so much angst for this story?
Despite what they say they clearly are upset about something, be it the fact that some women aren't shaving, that they have the audacity to share that information on social media or something else. They'll make up excuses to try and cover the fact that they clearly are bothered by something.

If someone really did not care they'd see the story and move on, not go into some great detail about how wrong/stupid these people are.
DSilva
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Occitanie)
Oh quite. It's just the angry right wing snowflakes on here just have the same paranoid, conspiratorial rant about the BBC which they post over and over and over and over again.

Probably have a template for it to be honest.
Last edited by DSilva; 2 weeks ago
SHallowvale
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Occitanie)
Interesting, I don't see you engaging with people who've expressed counter opinions...?
Libtardian
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by StriderHort)
Well it means you can't watch THEIR live broadcasts, which is fair enough.
Last time I checked the TV license referred to all live broadcasts.
CoolCavy
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Well it means you can't watch THEIR live broadcasts, which is fair enough.
No it's any live broadcast
StriderHort
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by CoolCavy)
No it's any live broadcast
Really? They still try and enforce that bit?

I would have thought the transition to digital and varied devices would have put paid to that, but fair do's i was assuming.

Just seems bloody daft, It was one thing them coming to peoples doors and wanting to see if a TV was plugged in/tuned it, but at this point surely they would need access to computers to phones and that's an obv nono?
generallee
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

I would have thought the transition to digital and varied devices would have put paid to that, but fair do's i was assuming.

Just seems bloody daft, It was one thing them coming to peoples doors and wanting to see if a TV was plugged in/tuned it, but at this point surely they would need access to computers to phones and that's an obv nono?
Exactly, the licence fee is a 1920's solution to a 1920's problem. It is an obvious nonsense in the world of digital streaming, a ridiculous anomaly.

And we are the only country in the world that have to fund a quasi state broadcaster in this way, whether we watch the programmes or not, on pain of imprisonment. Finland and Iceland used to have a licence fee too, but have abolished it now.

If the BBC can compete with the likes of netflix, and other news organisations they should do so in a free market way. If we want to watch their programmes we can pay for them. The problem they have is that people don't want to watch their programmes any more. But are still paying for it.

Don't do it. Don't renew your licence. if you have one, and don't ever get one if you haven't yet. Ask yourself, what does the BBC now produce that you would actually miss if you didn't have a licence? I have racked my brain on this one and the only thing I have ever come up with is In Our Time on Radio 4.
Miss Maddie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Are they married? Being clean's 50% making yourself feel good and 50% being desirable to men
generallee
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by DSilva)
What a pointless post, even by your standards.

It contributes nothing to this thread.
generallee
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Ha ha ha! Great post.

One of them is transgender, and very very hairy indeed. I could be wrong, but she didn't look very married to me.
jameswhughes
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

There's no way to enforce it, the rules state any live broadcast whether it be on BBC iPlayer, YouTube or anything else. However you don't need a licence for watching things that are done and uploaded to these same websites, or if your device isn't plugged into the wall, which seems a bit silly. Also, how would you determine what counts as live televison, do I need a licence to watch a stream on Facebook? :lol:

Ha ha ha! Great post.

One of them is transgender, and very very hairy indeed. I could be wrong, but she didn't look very married to me.
BBC News - "Man who wants to be a woman is rather hairy" :lol:
Obolinda
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It's allright.
Jebedee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Exactly, the licence fee is a 1920's solution to a 1920's problem. It is an obvious nonsense in the world of digital streaming, a ridiculous anomaly.

And we are the only country in the world that have to fund a quasi state broadcaster in this way, whether we watch the programmes or not, on pain of imprisonment. Finland and Iceland used to have a licence fee too, but have abolished it now.

If the BBC can compete with the likes of netflix, and other news organisations they should do so in a free market way. If we want to watch their programmes we can pay for them. The problem they have is that people don't want to watch their programmes any more. But are still paying for it.

Don't do it. Don't renew your licence. if you have one, and don't ever get one if you haven't yet. Ask yourself, what does the BBC now produce that you would actually miss if you didn't have a licence? I have racked my brain on this one and the only thing I have ever come up with is In Our Time on Radio 4.
Japan have a licence fee for NHK and also employ doorstep goons (people pretend not to be in). I've heard Germany has one also.
Occitanie
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Licence fee going up. Third year in a row.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...t-third-price/
R4JBO55
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No body gives a **** ffs 😂😂
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
R4JBO55
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Brexit one the biggest things in history is taking place with a **** who doesn’t know what the **** to do and the bbc are more interested in college girls growing armpit hair. Excellent job bbc 👍👍👍
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
username1738683
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
He believes his bosses were under “genuine pressure from the top about improving the number of women in daytime” and they thought they could make the network more contemporary. “They made a mistake,” he said.

Mayo, who first heard he would get a co-host from his agent, said there was never a sense that the decision would be reversed if it failed, because “they’d invested too much political capital in the change”.
https://www.theweek.co.uk/97265/why-...it-bbc-radio-2

Nicely worded, Mayo's show and career were indeed politically terminated. They didn't even have the decency to consult him on any changes, he was simply informed that he had to have a woman next to him at Drivetime because that is one of the policies the BBC have in place. It completely flopped, Whiley got tonnes of abuse from the frustrated audiences and Mayo is now gone, like some others.

They've just gone nuts with it and don't care what anyone thinks anymore, the Strategy department see the corporation as a social-engine for the promoting of certain social attitudes and political views and, in typical leftist fashion, they see it as their duty to be so. The Strategy and Education departments at the BBC are firmly under the control of a Blairite minister, internal rumbles of discontent not uncommon anymore.

They're a laugh when they claim their duty to 'represent' society in their workforce, ethnic and gay people are vastly over-represented among them by now. They have race commissioners popping their heads into every room to run a count on people based on the colour of their skin, they walk around with Hug-a-Gay-for-the-Day badges, they all hate Trump and nobody is skeptical about climate change. Brexit,what a drag. They don't represent anything, they are an engine working at full steam to promote the Guardianista social agenda. They know it and don't care what you make of it, very proud and all. The BBC are now politicized by design.

Pitting women against men was the quickest way to get rid of the old fogeys and everyone who doesn't share 'the vision'. A most effective strategy, we know how dividing people into groups and categories can be useful for anyone wishing to rule supreme.
Last edited by username1738683; 2 weeks ago
username1738683
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Radio 4 Today programme loses one million listeners since 2017 as John Humphrys quits.
https://inews.co.uk/culture/radio-4-...BnjXToa9nSSSFM

Humphrey's going, to the delight of the strategists at the Beeb, and the vultures are already circling over somebody else's head:

BBC Radio 4 host, Nick Robinson, has been accused of sexism during an interview on the Today show this morning.
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-a8767236.html

It's all so evident, when all the pieces are put together to form a neat jigsaw puzzle. Underestimate them at your own peril, this isn't only about where the BBC are now but where they are headed and will be in the future.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (42)
11.93%
Yes - a food allergy (39)
11.08%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (11)
3.13%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (9)
2.56%
No (251)
71.31%

Watched Threads