National 5 choices for 4th year Watch

ravenshill
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
My son is taking English, Maths, Geography, Modern studies and chemistry in 4th year. He has to pick another subject but not sure which one. He finds Physics hard but thinks he might need it to have a variety as still doesn't know what he wants to do later. He likes Science engineering and did better in the last test. Im not sure what to advise
Labrador99
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ravenshill)
My son is taking English, Maths, Geography, Modern studies and chemistry in 4th year. He has to pick another subject but not sure which one. He finds Physics hard but thinks he might need it to have a variety as still doesn't know what he wants to do later. He likes Science engineering and did better in the last test. Im not sure what to advise
The first question here would probably be whether there is another subject in that column that he would prefer to take?
If he's considering engineering as a career, physics is a really important subject to have, and is generally a required subject for engineering courses. With or without physics, he'd still have a good range of options open to him, and remember that subjects can always be picked back up as crash highers, usually in 6th year, if he changes his mind. Physics is one that definitely comes with practice, using mainly questions, and past papers in particular, so if he goes for it, it's definitely something he can improve on if he works at it.
ravenshill
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
my sons other choices are physics, engineering science or P.E as they were only allowed to take 8 subjects in 3rd year and drop to 6 subjects in 4th year
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (83)
59.29%
No (57)
40.71%

Watched Threads