The Student Room Group

Waitrose Holidays?!?!

I have been working at Waitrose full time now for 3 months, the working year at Waitrose is February-January so everything has more or less restarted, I shall ask when I am next in, but I have a few questions regarding holiday entitlements, so my first one is that I have 22 days holiday, I have booked off 9 days already for points during this year, but the system says that I would only have been working for 5 of those days so I presume that those 4 other days will count as my natural 1 or 2 days off in that week (If that makes sense), it also says on the system that I whilst I have booked 9 days off, I have only booked 5 working days off during the year, so does that mean if I was to book a whole 7 days off, since I am giving 2 days off in a week anyways, I would only be getting 5 days holidays as the other 2 would just be normal days off? I should probably try it myself, but I know I'd forget to cancel the holiday...

Another question is that in the holidays section, something says "Bank Holidays 60 hours", genuinely no idea what this means, does this mean that since we are open on all days of the year, minus Christmas and boxing day, I have a few more days to book off since I am not guaranteed a bank holiday off?

They are probably the most obvious questions ever, but I am not sure and am not in now untill monday so any help will be hugely appreciated!
Reply 1
More full stops. Less commas. Your post would then be a little easier to read.
Reply 2
Also, why are you booking holiday on days when you are not working?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending