I’m not sure where to go from here Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’m not sure if I’m putting this in the correct forum but here goes. I have suffered over the past 6-12 months and my anxiety worsened significantly due to a dysfunctional relationship. I have moved workplace and I’m 2 weeks into my new job. I am confident with my job but due to my issues in my personal life my anxieties and self esteem has taken a real hit.

Anyway. Today my colleague who is slightly higher up than me shouted at me because of her own stress. I hadn’t done anything wrong but she screamed at me for an answer for something. I feel like she talks to me badly and as this is a new workplace I have nobody to turn to and I ended up going to the toilet and hiding for 10 minutes to calm myself down. I held back the tears and I spoke to my family once I got home.

My family are so supportive but I worry about burdening them with my problems as they have problems of their own. I don’t know how to get back to my happy old self when I’m just under so much stress. My colleague also told others in front of me personal information I had chosen to share with her privately and this has actually broken me. I shared information with her because I felt at the time like I could trust her, but she tells others like it’s trivial. I’m thinking of not speaking to her right now but speaking to her next time it happens but I know all I’m going to do over the weekend is churn and feel so anxious.

I am generally a happy person, but I have had some worrying thoughts because of all the stress I’m under. Please be kind.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ThatguyAl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey, unless this job is essential for your basic survival - food/shelter/bills, quit it and find a better place to work with nice people or report that behaviour to that person HR management.
What a piece of garbage shouts at their colleagues. Also, sharing private information is breaching sensitive data.
Anyways as I said - if the job or the people at work give you nightmares - quit it and work somewhere else ASAP.

I wish you all the best,
Al
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by ThatguyAl)
Hey, unless this job is essential for your basic survival - food/shelter/bills, quit it and find a better place to work with nice people or report that behaviour to that person HR management.
What a piece of garbage shouts at their colleagues. Also, sharing private information is breaching sensitive data.
Anyways as I said - if the job or the people at work give you nightmares - quit it and work somewhere else ASAP.

I wish you all the best,
Al
I do need this job because without it my family can’t afford to support me. I will try to force myself to speak to her if it happens again then go to management and if I’m still unhappy I’m going to look for a job elsewhere. I’m gutted as I don’t want this to set me back and make me feel even worse about myself than I already do. I’ve been desperately trying to remind myself that she is being like this because of her own issues and that it’s not my fault but I am my worst enemy. I absolutely love what I do for a living with a passion and to feel like I don’t want to be there is devastating. Work has always been such a positive outlet for me. Thank you so much for the response hopefully things will improve for me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (216)
60%
No (144)
40%

Watched Threads