Can you get cosmetic surgery on the NHS if you have body dysmorphia? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I'm desperate here, I hate my breasts so much and I'd do surgery on them myself if I knew how to do it. They make me feel sick, they need fixing. No amount of therapy will change how they look, before you come at me with that. Therapy has helped my other afflictions, however this is something physical that needs to be surgically fixed. I doubt I will ever be able to afford surgery since it's so expensive, I'm so desperate that I'd probably turn to crime to pay to get my boobs fixed if I can't get them done on the NHS. My boobs make me feel sick and anxious every single day, I hate them, I just want my boobs to be normal. Please let me know what I can do. I don't want to risk showing these deformed sacks of **** to a doctor only for them to say no way. Please tell me if it's possible to get a boob job on the NHS when I have "body dysmorphia". It's not even delusional, I know they are deformed that is a visual fact and i want them fixed.
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If it is affecting your health mentally, cosmetic surgery can be possible
However, do keep in mind that they may not be disformed and that is just your brains view of them.....
tesconyc
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
the NHS only treats real conditions
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
If cosmetic surgeons believe that you suffer from body dysmorphia, they won't operate on you.
Private or NHS.
I think you can only get cosmetic surgery on the NHS to repair life changing injuries and very painful symptoms arising from physical damage or natural problems.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (216)
60%
No (144)
40%

Watched Threads