Advice regarding holidays

Watch
bleeper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi. I am planning to leave my job I have been at for a while. In my first year I worked for a whole year without taking holiday because my line manager told me I could receive pay instead of holiday. Next year came and senior management said I can't take pay instead of holiday like i was promised. Is there any legal recourse or anything I can law I can cite to get the equivalent of pay for the year in which I never took holiday? The manager who made the initial promise has long since left if it matters.
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
do you have it in writing?
bleeper
Rep:
?
(Original post by doodle_333)
do you have it in writing?
No but he told the same thing to many people.
squeakysquirrel
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bleeper)
If it isn't in writing - it hasn't happened - sorry
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
legally they have to give you holiday pay.......but I think after the year is up and you haven't taken officialyl designated holiday time they may not need to anymore or something
doodle_333
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by bleeper)
If it's not in writing it didn't happen. It's something lots of people learn the hard way! Talk to ACAS about the situation as they may be able to help/advise on your rights.
bleeper
Rep:
?
(Original post by doodle_333)
If it's not in writing it didn't happen. It's something lots of people learn the hard way! Talk to ACAS about the situation as they may be able to help/advise on your rights.
I'll google it. Even the management admitted we were mislead
Last edited by bleeper; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (588)
34.13%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (712)
41.32%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (344)
19.97%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise