Time to start popping pills Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Ngl talking does not help my mental health problem and my thoughts. All I do is cry at night and act like everything is okay the next morning. I wake up in puddle of tears most morning. I’m just not as happy as I was 4 years ago

The amount of times I got told to talk to friends and family is acc mad. Like it doesn’t help at allll. What should I do now? Feels as if there’s nothing else to do
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Zahid~
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
medication or talking therapy with professionals?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Zahid~)
medication or talking therapy with professionals?
I tried the talking part
Zahid~
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
talking to friends and family is very different to talking to a psychologist, unless you have done that too.
start with talking to your doctor so you can explore your options and address your concerns
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Zahid~)
talking to friends and family is very different to talking to a psychologist, unless you have done that too.
start with talking to your doctor so you can explore your options and address your concerns
I will, thank you xx
Deyesy
  • Section Leader
  • Peer Support Volunteers
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Ngl talking does not help my mental health problem and my thoughts. All I do is cry at night and act like everything is okay the next morning. I wake up in puddle of tears most morning. I’m just not as happy as I was 4 years ago

The amount of times I got told to talk to friends and family is acc mad. Like it doesn’t help at allll. What should I do now? Feels as if there’s nothing else to do
Medication shouldn't be seen as a bad thing. I was on medication for my depression for four and a half years and it almost definitely saved my life. I'm still taking medication for the anxiety problem I have.

It'd definitely be worth talking to your GP and seeing what they to say

I hope things get better for you soon
sadboiie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
There are loads of different anti-depressants that effect people in many different ways. They're nothing to be scared of, but they do come with possible side effects and sometimes might not help you with your mood.

From what I can remember the side effects that are most common are dry mouth, insomnia, weight gain and decreased libido (so like your sexual drive) and dulled mood. Some people might not even experience these though so it's always worth the try. To actually get them, I think you need to see your GP or a psychiatrist about it. You may have to explain more detail about your mood and problems which can seem really daunting, but it's worth the try. Sometimes the psychiatrist will highly suggest speaking therapy along with the medication, but you have the right to decline it. The combination of these two methods can actually work in union, but it's your choice at the end of the day.

When/If you are put on medication, they'll probably give you regular check-up appointments to ensure you aren't getting any bad effects and that they're helping. If no positives are shown within a month or more, they'll up the dosage that you take or even change the anti-depressant.

I was put on fluoxetine which didn't work well for me so I was changed to sertraline which I've been on for over a year now.
The only side effect I've had is the sleeping problems and dry mouth.

Hope you feel better soon.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (212)
59.89%
No (142)
40.11%

Watched Threads