2019 Oxford DPhil in Education Watch

Hlkay
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I also applied to Kellogg but no news yet 😞 no funding news either, this waiting is sooo hard.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
serendeepity
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Haha I also applied to Kellogg!
serendeepity
Rep:
?
(Original post by MsEdPhD)
Just waiting and busying myself with other stuff Got accepted into Kellogg which was my old college - really happy! No news on funding though
Congrats 🎊!! When did you hear from Kellogg?
MsEdPhD
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I got my offer on the 19th March They are one of the larger colleges at Oxford so I’m sure you’ll all get a spot

P.s. their lunches are SO good!!
(Original post by serendeepity)
Congrats 🎊!! When did you hear from Kellogg?
MsEdPhD
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So news in from the Department - they already know who got Clarendon funding, so if they know, then you should also know if you got it.

Going to turn my attention to more important things and stop fretting over this funding! Good luck to everyone and I hope you get all that you wished for

Oh and p.s. you’re changing lives everyday by being a teacher (if you are a teacher) so you’re already making a huge impact in the world Just imagine how many of your students will go on to get PhD’s one day! So if you don’t get the funding you’re hoping for, please remember how important and valued you are and, more importantly, don’t give up on your dreams. If a PhD is what you really want to do, then go for it again next year and keep the hope alive
serendeepity
Rep:
?
(Original post by MsEdPhD)
So news in from the Department - they already know who got Clarendon funding, so if they know, then you should also know if you got it.

Going to turn my attention to more important things and stop fretting over this funding! Good luck to everyone and I hope you get all that you wished for

Oh and p.s. you’re changing lives everyday by being a teacher (if you are a teacher) so you’re already making a huge impact in the world Just imagine how many of your students will go on to get PhD’s one day! So if you don’t get the funding you’re hoping for, please remember how important and valued you are and, more importantly, don’t give up on your dreams. If a PhD is what you really want to do, then go for it again next year and keep the hope alive
Thanks so much for the well wishes and for the update! Super super nice of you!

Any idea how many from the Department got the Clarendon scholarship? And have they really contacted scholarship recipients? *wishful thinking*
MsEdPhD
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think there's normally one or two recipients judging on past information. From what I have been told, Clarendon contacts the Department at the same time they contact you, so if the Department has already been notified, then you should have gotten the email at the same time. You can always email your prospective supervisor and check
(Original post by serendeepity)
Thanks so much for the well wishes and for the update! Super super nice of you!

Any idea how many from the Department got the Clarendon scholarship? And have they really contacted scholarship recipients? *wishful thinking*
Hlkay
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I just got my offer from Kellogg, very happy! Anxiously waiting for some funding news to come through or I will be unable to take up the offer.
Last edited by Hlkay; 1 month ago
serendeepity
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hlkay)
I just got my offer from Kellogg, very happy! Anxiously waiting for some funding news to come through or I will be unable to take up the offer.
Me too! Just got my offer to Kellogg! Looks like we'll be college mates!
liouxsie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hey all. Just came across this thread and thought I'd see if I can be of any help... I'm a first-year DPhil at the Department of Education at Oxford, very luckily here on a scholarship. I was in the same position as a lot of you last year, and it was a tense time to say the least. Please let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer them!
Last edited by liouxsie; 2 weeks ago
Hlkay
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi all, I am hoping someone can help point me in the right direction. I have been fortunate enough to receive a scholarship from a local bank in my home country (who Ohio) I am very happy but unfortunately it is only enough for 1 year of my 3 year DPhil. I am really hopeful that having received this chunk of funding may assist me in securing a part-scholarship for the remaining years but I am not sure of who to contact to ask. I was unsuccessful in Clarendon, and my college (Kellogg) does not have big studentship options. I have emailed the college and department so far, but not 100% sure who to get in touch with from funding to ask questions. Any advice or guidance would be appreciated!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (87)
16.8%
The paper was reasonable (256)
49.42%
Not feeling great about that exam... (119)
22.97%
It was TERRIBLE (56)
10.81%

Watched Threads