The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

2019 Oxford DPhil in Education

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I also applied to Kellogg but no news yet 😞 no funding news either, this waiting is sooo hard.
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Haha I also applied to Kellogg!
Original post by MsEdPhD
Just waiting and busying myself with other stuff :smile: Got accepted into Kellogg which was my old college - really happy! No news on funding though :frown:

Congrats 🎊!! When did you hear from Kellogg?
Reply 23
I got my offer on the 19th March :smile: They are one of the larger colleges at Oxford so I’m sure you’ll all get a spot :smile:

P.s. their lunches are SO good!!
Original post by serendeepity
Congrats 🎊!! When did you hear from Kellogg?
Reply 24
So news in from the Department - they already know who got Clarendon funding, so if they know, then you should also know if you got it.

Going to turn my attention to more important things and stop fretting over this funding! Good luck to everyone and I hope you get all that you wished for :smile:

Oh and p.s. you’re changing lives everyday by being a teacher (if you are a teacher) so you’re already making a huge impact in the world :smile: Just imagine how many of your students will go on to get PhD’s one day! So if you don’t get the funding you’re hoping for, please remember how important and valued you are and, more importantly, don’t give up on your dreams. If a PhD is what you really want to do, then go for it again next year and keep the hope alive :smile:
Original post by MsEdPhD
So news in from the Department - they already know who got Clarendon funding, so if they know, then you should also know if you got it.

Going to turn my attention to more important things and stop fretting over this funding! Good luck to everyone and I hope you get all that you wished for :smile:

Oh and p.s. you’re changing lives everyday by being a teacher (if you are a teacher) so you’re already making a huge impact in the world :smile: Just imagine how many of your students will go on to get PhD’s one day! So if you don’t get the funding you’re hoping for, please remember how important and valued you are and, more importantly, don’t give up on your dreams. If a PhD is what you really want to do, then go for it again next year and keep the hope alive :smile:

Thanks so much for the well wishes and for the update! Super super nice of you!

Any idea how many from the Department got the Clarendon scholarship? And have they really contacted scholarship recipients? *wishful thinking*
Reply 26
I think there's normally one or two recipients judging on past information. From what I have been told, Clarendon contacts the Department at the same time they contact you, so if the Department has already been notified, then you should have gotten the email at the same time. You can always email your prospective supervisor and check :smile:
Original post by serendeepity
Thanks so much for the well wishes and for the update! Super super nice of you!

Any idea how many from the Department got the Clarendon scholarship? And have they really contacted scholarship recipients? *wishful thinking*
Reply 27
I just got my offer from Kellogg, very happy! Anxiously waiting for some funding news to come through or I will be unable to take up the offer.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Hlkay
I just got my offer from Kellogg, very happy! Anxiously waiting for some funding news to come through or I will be unable to take up the offer.

Me too! Just got my offer to Kellogg! Looks like we'll be college mates!
Hey all. Just came across this thread and thought I'd see if I can be of any help... I'm a first-year DPhil at the Department of Education at Oxford, very luckily here on a scholarship. I was in the same position as a lot of you last year, and it was a tense time to say the least. Please let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer them!
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 30
Hi all, I am hoping someone can help point me in the right direction. I have been fortunate enough to receive a scholarship from a local bank in my home country (who Ohio) I am very happy but unfortunately it is only enough for 1 year of my 3 year DPhil. I am really hopeful that having received this chunk of funding may assist me in securing a part-scholarship for the remaining years but I am not sure of who to contact to ask. I was unsuccessful in Clarendon, and my college (Kellogg) does not have big studentship options. I have emailed the college and department so far, but not 100% sure who to get in touch with from funding to ask questions. Any advice or guidance would be appreciated!
Have you tried writing to the a) department and b) your supervisor? Sometimes they might have options or they may know research position openings. I know 2 current DPhil students who are working as research assistants.

Alternatively, try writing to universities (if you haven't already done so) and see if they can help you out with funding. Maybe offer to work with them upon completion of your studies.

Try asking Kellogg too although to be honest, there aren't exactly lots of options for a college like Kellogg. I asked them and was referred to their scholarship page.
Original post by MsEdPhD
Got my offer an hour ago!!! Holding thumbs for all of you guys.

No news on funding yet - have to wait till April 15th.

Good luck!!

How long did it take the assessors to give you offer? Could you please share interview questions? my interview for DPhil education is in February 18th, 2020. Thank you in advance
Reply 33
Original post by liouxsie
Hey all. Just came across this thread and thought I'd see if I can be of any help... I'm a first-year DPhil at the Department of Education at Oxford, very luckily here on a scholarship. I was in the same position as a lot of you last year, and it was a tense time to say the least. Please let me know if you have any questions and I'll do my best to answer them!

Hi @liouxsie ! I am a DPhil in Education applicant for 2020 entry and just got an interview invitation for Feb 17th. Could you share some of the interview questions you came across last year? I am already stressed out with it.

All the best to your college life,
Anita

Quick Reply

Latest