The Student Room Group

Is it possible to get an offer over the weekend?

It's question that curious about, I've seen it on other threads where students get offers over the weekend.
Original post by ChemEng456
It's question that curious about, I've seen it on other threads where students get offers over the weekend.

No, as Admissions departments are normally only open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm. You may get an offer over the weekend if the offer takes awhile to process on UCAS Track (if they input the offer just before they close), but I've only heard of an offer coming through on Friday evening, rather than Saturday or Sunday.
As above, it’s rare to receive a decision over the weekend. However UCAS may still process responses from Friday and there’s always the chance that Admissions teams may do a bit of weekend overtime.
UoN processed my offer on a Friday, but track didn't update until 6pm on Sunday, so I guess you can in that way. As stated above, though, admissions offices only tend to work Monday to Friday.
Original post by ChemEng456

Yes it’s possible. It depends on the systems that the university uses, the working hours of the people making decisions and the timing of decisions going to ucas.

It’s more likely for a decision to come through on a Saturday (the decisions input on Friday sent to ucas overnight) than on Monday (unless the university has people working on Sunday or sends updates to ucas during the day)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending