Is it possible to get an offer over the weekend? Watch

username4385726
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
It's question that curious about, I've seen it on other threads where students get offers over the weekend.
mr_carrot
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by ChemEng456)
It's question that curious about, I've seen it on other threads where students get offers over the weekend.
No, as Admissions departments are normally only open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm. You may get an offer over the weekend if the offer takes awhile to process on UCAS Track (if they input the offer just before they close), but I've only heard of an offer coming through on Friday evening, rather than Saturday or Sunday.
Admit-One
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
As above, it’s rare to receive a decision over the weekend. However UCAS may still process responses from Friday and there’s always the chance that Admissions teams may do a bit of weekend overtime.
Jackaleksandr
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
UoN processed my offer on a Friday, but track didn't update until 6pm on Sunday, so I guess you can in that way. As stated above, though, admissions offices only tend to work Monday to Friday.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by ChemEng456)
Yes it’s possible. It depends on the systems that the university uses, the working hours of the people making decisions and the timing of decisions going to ucas.

It’s more likely for a decision to come through on a Saturday (the decisions input on Friday sent to ucas overnight) than on Monday (unless the university has people working on Sunday or sends updates to ucas during the day)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (211)
53.15%
No (186)
46.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise