Help options soon Watch

Frenchorspanish
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m not sure wether to pick French or spanish can someone help me I’ve done French since year 3 and haven’t done any Spanish at all my parents say Spanish is better because it’s the most spoken language in the world but I thought French was better because I’ve been doing it most of my life so I know more.SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME IVE GOT TO PICK BY 14TH FEBUARY
Last edited by Frenchorspanish; 1 month ago
brainzistheword
  • TSR Support Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Frenchorspanish)
I’m not sure wether to pick French or spanish can someone help me I’ve done French since year 3 and haven’t done any Spanish at all my parents say Spanish is better because it’s the most spoken language in the world but I thought French was better because I’ve been doing it most of my life so I know more.SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME IVE GOT TO PICK BY 14TH FEBUARY
Which one do you think you'll enjoy most? If you're concerned about your grade then think about which you think you'd do best in; you've got experience of French so you know how competent you are, whereas Spanish is new to you - and if you don't like it, what will you do?

Will either of them be useful to your next step, whether that's an A-level course, careers you're interested in or your future plans? That might be something to consider.

Personally, I wouldn't opt for a subject because your parents think it's a popular language. Whilst I agree with them, it'll be you that studies it for the next couple of years, and you could always pursue another language at a later date if you think it'll be really handy to have

Good luck, let me know what you decide and if you want to discuss things further by all means just let me know
maisiex10x
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
go french
YaliaV
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You should probably choose the subject you’re most comfortable with, so I would choose French. You can always learn Spanish in the future.
Julie2004
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Frenchorspanish)
I think you should pick spanish because it’s easier than french but if you find french easier then take french, i did french for 5 years and i did german for 2 years and i also did spanish In year 7 then i moved schools and i was in the side of the year that does german and french, I enjoyed Spanish but I ended up choosing German as I couldn’t take Spanish
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • Harper Adams University
    Animals and Veterinary Sciences Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (112)
17.53%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (68)
10.64%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (110)
17.21%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (94)
14.71%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (63)
9.86%
How can I be the best version of myself? (192)
30.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed