marg75
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello everyone, I am an international student from france and I've done the bocconi test this friday but unfortunately i only answered to 41 questions and I cannot be sure that all of them are correct... However, I applied to the Bsc in Economics and Management for Arts, Culture and Communication and I heard that this one was less popular, do you think that I have a chance?
Tammy1705
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
From what I've heard, this course is not very competitive, so my guess is you still have a chance. How did you prepare for the test, could you please share some online resourses if you used any? Is the test paper based and how long does it last?
WiSi
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by marg75)
Hello everyone, I am an international student from france and I've done the bocconi test this friday but unfortunately i only answered to 41 questions and I cannot be sure that all of them are correct... However, I applied to the Bsc in Economics and Management for Arts, Culture and Communication and I heard that this one was less popular, do you think that I have a chance?
Generally the Bocconi test is easy.
For that course is not hard to get accepted, I can have good chances.
marg75
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tammy1705)
From what I've heard, this course is not very competitive, so my guess is you still have a chance. How did you prepare for the test, could you please share some online resourses if you used any? Is the test paper based and how long does it last?
Thanks for your response!
The Bocconi test lasts 1h45 and it consists of 70 multiple-choice questions, yes it is paper based and you will have to write down your answers on a paper sheet. For my preparation to the test, I wanted to focus on mathematics so I used this book: "SAT Math Prep (Kaplan Test Prep) Seventh Edition" which was , in my opinion, very helpful . I also went on this site https://www.majortests.com/ .
For this test you will also need to work on your english as there are like 4 texts and 20 questions on it.
marg75
Rep:
?
(Original post by WiSi)
Generally the Bocconi test is easy.
For that course is not hard to get accepted, I can have good chances.
Thanks for your reply, I would not say that it is easy as you can easily think that an answer is the right when it is not and as you have to work a lot to be prepare for it, but this is only my opinion !
Bhagavanda
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, my case is kinda different I interned at 8 different and prestigous political and management companies during my high school years. I also volunteered 5 projects internationally. I have very good recommendation letters and motivational letters. But my gpa is average. I did the bocconi test which i answered 61 question but im not sure all of them. But the thing is i applied to Politics and Government which is a major i really want to study. But i dont even know anybody who applied to politics and they said it is kinda more easy to get into politics because if i would apply to finance i would have zero chance with my average gpa but politics is almost the least competetive major out of all of them. And they said in politics or kinda more social science majors, they care more about your cv and essays. How do you see my chances ? I would be glad if you have any thoughts 🙏🏼
Tammy1705
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The Bocconi test lasts 1h45 and it consists of 70 multiple-choice questions, yes it is paper based and you will have to write down your answers on a paper sheet. For my preparation to the test, I wanted to focus on mathematics so I used this book: "SAT Math Prep (Kaplan Test Prep) Seventh Edition" which was , in my opinion, very helpful . I also went on this site https://www.majortests.com/ .
For this test you will also need to work on your english as there are like 4 texts and 20 questions on it.
Thank you very much for the useful information! Do you mind sharing why did you choose to do the Bocconi test instead of SAT? Is it considered to be easier?
marg75
Rep:
?
Thank you very much for the useful information! Do you mind sharing why did you choose to do the Bocconi test instead of SAT? Is it considered to be easier?
I took the bocconi test because unlike the majority I did not and do not study in an international environment and thus i am not bilingual. So i thought that maybe the bocconi test would be easier for me because it is a multiple-choice questionnaire and you don't have to write anything. However, when I was at a meeting with a representative of bocconi, she said that it would be smarter to take the sat because you have a lot of books to exercise and you can take it several times and give your best score for the enrolment while you dont have any book in english for the bocconi test and you only have one chance the day of the test. So I would say that it depends on the time you have to prepare and your level in english maybe.
Concerning the difficulty level, I cannot answer your question because I've never took the sat.
Tammy1705
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I wish you the best of luck, marg75! The results will be out in early March, so don't forget to keep us updated!
Bhagavanda
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I wish you the best of luck, marg75! The results will be out in early March, so don't forget to keep us updated!
Hi, i also applied to bocconi as i mentioned above . What do you think about my chance ?
Tammy1705
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bhagavanda)
Hi, i also applied to bocconi as i mentioned above . What do you think about my chance ?
I went through your post once again and 61 questions out of 70 seems pretty good to me. I've never heard of anyone answering ALL the questions. I don't really know what you mean by "average GPA", but I believe your chances are quite good for the the Politics and Government program, esp. if you have a strong motivational letter. Indeed, International Economics and Finance seems to be the most competitive course from what I have heard, followed by International Economics and Management. I have never seen any official statistics, though.
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you!
P.S. Would you mind sharing some useful tips and hints for the Bocconi test?
Bhagavanda
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, thank you very much for your words. I mean my gpa is like 7/10. But for example my history was 10/10 and i was one of the top students in history and world history out of 80 people so maybe they care about subjects related to politics and government.

About test, 20 question was reading and it is different from normal reading question. I feel that they are testing your management skills. I remember 1 question asks that "... we interviewed company representatives..." so the question was " what is the mean of company representative A)Body B) Agent C) Director D) Spokeperson" so the question were like this so they are testing your logic skills more than reading skills.

And there are 10 graphic question which is also about profits, revenues etc. So they are testing your finance etc. logic again.

20 question logic which is kinda hard for so many people because so many of us study lessons by memorazing in high school so thats why i think so many student says that logic is hardest part which i don't think so if you are kinda open minded and average intelligent.

Lastly there is 20 math question which i think not that hard and mainly about functions, algebra, geometry.

If you study numerical reasoning, logical questions, and for math part; algebra,geometry and functions, you will be more than okay and i think one can able to solve 50-60 questions right out of 70 which i think enough for almost every major.

In 7 march, we will be able to learn our results. I believe and trust my essay, cv and recommendation letters. Bocconi test was also kinda good but i can't be sure. Only my gpa is holding me back. I hope they care about specific subjects related to major like history in my case or math for finance major. We will see and i will not lose hope if i dont get in. There is also spring session which is harder to get into for some majors, but easier to get into for some other less competetive majors. I am still working my ass off for SAT in 9 march and bocconi test in 12 april in case i got rejected Lets think positive and see what happens
marg75
Rep:
?
Thank you very much ! and yes I will !!
marg75
Rep:
?
So today was the day of the results: Unfortunatly ive not been admitted :/ .
I think that i will try again for the spring session but i will take this time the sat .
Tammy1705
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
So today was the day of the results: Unfortunatly ive not been admitted :/ .
I think that i will try again for the spring session but i will take this time the sat .
I'm so sorry to hear that! It seems that they are ridiculously competitive this year. Let's hope your second try will be successful! Apart from taking the SAT, could you once again take the Bocconi test if you re-apply this spring?
marg75
Rep:
?
Thanks...
I don't think so. I mean I already worked hard for the bocconi test for the winter session without being admitted, so I don't see how I can improve my revisions for the spring session. Anyway, concerning the sat, there is in paris only one date per month to take it and the next one is too late for the admissions so I guess that now bocconi belongs to the past!
I'm so sorry to hear that! It seems that they are ridiculously competitive this year. Let's hope your second try will be successful! Apart from taking the SAT, could you once again take the Bocconi test if you re-apply this spring?
marg75
Rep:
?
Hello, im curious, have you been accepted ??
Hi, my case is kinda different I interned at 8 different and prestigous political and management companies during my high school years. I also volunteered 5 projects internationally. I have very good recommendation letters and motivational letters. But my gpa is average. I did the bocconi test which i answered 61 question but im not sure all of them. But the thing is i applied to Politics and Government which is a major i really want to study. But i dont even know anybody who applied to politics and they said it is kinda more easy to get into politics because if i would apply to finance i would have zero chance with my average gpa but politics is almost the least competetive major out of all of them. And they said in politics or kinda more social science majors, they care more about your cv and essays. How do you see my chances ? I would be glad if you have any thoughts 🙏🏼
Bhagavanda
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Unfortunately no..But if only I would get rejected I wouldn't be surprised that much because I would give it to my average gpa. But our high school's student who have the highest gpa with 9.5/10 and great SAT score also get rejected.And I also met a girl after the Bocconi test and she said to me that she get accepted to London School Of Economics and other best European colleges.And after the results I talked with her and she said she also got rejected. And finally my another friend with 9.2/10 gpa and 1420 SAT score got also rejected. They said Bocconi put some high limit for SAT such as maybe 1450 or 1500 and did not accepted anyone below this score. Also competition at its highest ever. So I hope for the best who will apply next year because the competition will be harder.
marg75
Rep:
?
Thanks a lot for your answer ! Yes apparently there is more people than before who wants to go to Bocconi and for this reason it seems that it is very difficult to be admitted. Anyway I’m still lost between retry to take the bocconi test or not for the spring session. I mean its kind of difficult to « give up » when you know you still have some chances... do you plan to try the spring session ?
Also, my grades are not the best and when i send to the admission team some e-mails to understznd why i have not been admitted they respond to me that it was mainly my bocconi test performance ( which was below the average of the ones accepted) that have influenced my non admission.
Unfortunately no..But if only I would get rejected I wouldn't be surprised that much because I would give it to my average gpa. But our high school's student who have the highest gpa with 9.5/10 and great SAT score also get rejected.And I also met a girl after the Bocconi test and she said to me that she get accepted to London School Of Economics and other best European colleges.And after the results I talked with her and she said she also got rejected. And finally my another friend with 9.2/10 gpa and 1420 SAT score got also rejected. They said Bocconi put some high limit for SAT such as maybe 1450 or 1500 and did not accepted anyone below this score. Also competition at its highest ever. So I hope for the best who will apply next year because the competition will be harder.
Bhagavanda
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Before that, i would like to ask another thing. I also would like to email them and ask them. How did you ask ? Did you write like why didn't i get accepted to admission team or another way ? Could you show me the right way to do that please ? Maybe if i learn the reason i don't apply next session like maybe they said it is your gpa and as you know i cant higher my gpa right now so maybe i wouldnt take bocconi test. How did you write ? I would be glad if you help me thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (188)
29.24%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.49%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
9.02%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.4%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.93%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.91%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.91%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.11%

Watched Threads